Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : BADASS BUDGET BUMPER & How to Flip the Sway Bar Disconnect

Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    I need to figure out how to clock the motor on the JK . And get a skid plate to protect it . What are folks running?
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiDave View Post
    There are several out there for the JK. I think I bought the one from Ace. For $20 you get a bolt & washer. The end thread on the bolt was damaged and I had to chase it with a file to work. I really felt I got ripped - it's about $2 in hardware you can diy if you take the time to measure.
    What rubiDave said ^^^

Clocking the motor is done in the exact same way as you see in this video. If you still have the lower chin on your JK, that'll help to protect the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Looks pretty good.... and should hold you over until a 1/4 pounder arrives...
    LOL - pretty much the same thing really except maybe with sides to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrun View Post
    As a fan of utilitarianism and minimalism, I love it!
    Awesome

Looks great! And framiliar lol... I will add, if you have the plastic front bumper you dont have the 2 threaded lower bolt holes for the L brackets. So you just have to get creative with bolts and the empty holes that are there. Need to kinda redo mine with bigger bolts, so that it is stouter. But its works just fine! Thanks for sharing this!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Did you ever figure out a "guard" for the sway bar motor? Or has it even been an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Looks great! And framiliar lol... I will add, if you have the plastic front bumper you dont have the 2 threaded lower bolt holes for the L brackets. So you just have to get creative with bolts and the empty holes that are there. Need to kinda redo mine with bigger bolts, so that it is stouter. But its works just fine! Thanks for sharing this!
    I did not know that - thanks for posting this up. Glad to know there are still holes there to work with.

Did you ever figure out a "guard" for the sway bar motor? Or has it even been an issue?
    Bolting up some angle iron would be easy enough and I think there's a company that already offers something like it. So far, I've only really wheeled it in Moab with this setup and it would never be an issue in a place like that. Maybe more on something like the Rubicon where there are lots of loose big boulders.

Knows a Thing or Two danford.lau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    What rubiDave said ^^^

Clocking the motor is done in the exact same way as you see in this video. If you still have the lower chin on your JK, that'll help to protect the motor.

LOL - pretty much the same thing really except maybe with sides to it.

Awesome
    Sounds like it’s a 10M -1.5 x 100 bolt . Will go grab one this weekend and see if it’s a fast swap . I still have the lower chin but want to find a plate to bolt underneath for peace of mind

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I like the look, and it’s practical. Very good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I did not know that - thanks for posting this up. Glad to know there are still holes there to work with.

Bolting up some angle iron would be easy enough and I think there's a company that already offers something like it. So far, I've only really wheeled it in Moab with this setup and it would never be an issue in a place like that. Maybe more on something like the Rubicon where there are lots of loose big boulders.
    With the plastic bumper comes a metal (thin) cross member in this area, not sure if it's with the steal bumper or not. Might try to get that back on, even though it now needs modifications. Can get a pic later, but might by me some time, or create a taco to push into the motor lol

Fresh Catch
    With the plastic bumper comes a metal (thin) cross member in this area, not sure if it's with the steal bumper or not. Might try to get that back on, even though it now needs modifications. Can get a pic later, but might by me some time, or create a taco to push into the motor lol

So any ideas on how to retain the stock for lights or would one have to go top mount like the TJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Zoom View Post
    So any ideas on how to retain the stock for lights or would one have to go top mount like the TJ?
    What.

RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Zoom View Post
    If I understand what your asking, there is no way that I've found to keep stock fog lights. I plan to mount something on top of frame rails. Are you referring to how the TJ fog lights were on the Rubicons?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast