Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: JL JOURNAL : BADASS BUDGET BUMPER & How to Flip the Sway Bar Disconnect

Quote Originally Posted by 4kdb View Post
    I just read a review on the EVO website that the No Limits manual knob works on the JL. Can I still do the motor flip with this bumper set up, or will the winch plate interfere with the manual disconnect?
    Unfortunately, no. Well, to be clear, you can kind of make it work but the AC condenser will make contact with it just from the movement of the tub. Trust me, I tried.

Fresh Catch
    For those that have the plastic bumper, you can use the Mopar rivnut part #6511076AA to secure the winch plate bracket inside the non threaded holes. No special tool required. (You need 4 rivnuts ).

IMG_5611.jpg

Finished it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Attachment 326169

Thanks for the inspiration Eddie . Picked up an M10x 1.5 - 95mm bolt and washer from Home Depot and did the sway bar motor flip today .. not sure I need the skid anymore — seems nicely nucked away . B4 and after
    Thank you for putting the dimensions of the screw
    JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel ... For my messages and comments on this forum, sorry for my poor English

- 2.5" ICON lift + 315/70/17 BFGoodrich Mud-KM3
    - Tazer JL Mini
    - DTE PowerControl
    - DTE PedalBox
    - AFE Filter ... before K&N

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    That came out great! What winch plate did you use for this?
    I can’t remember now, but I believe it was the rugged ridge, unfortunately the LOD was out of stock with a long wait time so I got one as close as I could to it that was in stock. I am still running it and probably will for awhile until I get me hands on a EVO quarter pounder.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456