Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Wifes JL build up...Suger Booger

Yes I got front and rear install kits... it has Timken bearings, Koyo bearings and Korea bearing in the kit. LOL In a Spicer box that said India.

Quote Originally Posted by deantac View Post
    Well I got a few more things done...real pain to do but I made it work. Mounted the rear bumper and got the sensors to work...fucking pain nothing went right... license plate holder and lights done.

Attachment 333133

So the bumper didn't come with any way of holding the sensors in the bumper so I pealed the factory holders off the factory bumper and mounted them to the Genright bumper.
    Attachment 333134

But as you can see they got smashed by the cross member...so I drilled holes in the frame to make room. The outside ones cleared so no need to do anything to them.
    Attachment 333136
    Attachment 333137

The Artec plate holder I ordered had a few issues too. first I never thought about me running a spacer/adapter on the EVO tire carrier which flips the bolt pattern upside down...so the bracket will not fit the wider bolt pattern that now is on top. I made a bracket to fit the wider mount and welded it to their mounting part.

Attachment 333145

The one I made...it clears the camera lens, can not see it in the camera at all.

Attachment 333148

I used the factory wires to the rear license plate to use on the new plate mount....I ran them from the bumper harness through the tub at the jack storage area, there is a drain plug and I just ran the wire through it....then along the weather stripping through the wire protector into the tail gate then out to the tire.

Attachment 333151
    Attachment 333152
    Attachment 333153
    Attachment 333154
    Attachment 333155
    Attachment 333156

The plate holder is supplied with screws that thread in the plate holder that has welded nuts on the backside to hold the plate...standard thread. The LEDs are metric ? so I had to drill out the threads to install the LEDs.

Done

Attachment 333160
    Sounds like a typical project for me...:crazy eyes:

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

UPDATE....I have 37" Nitto's on my JL and I've had a shake / vibration since I installed them, I wasn't driving it much at all because I planned on going back to the Tire Shop in Lancaster.

They wanted to use tire balance beads.... I said ok but the whole time I was thinking this is not a good idea, I ran this stuff before when I was driving on square 44 TSL Swampers... but I did it anyway .

Well I went back and told them I want to take out the beads and use stick on weights...So on the tire balance machine four tires took 7.5 ounces on the inside and 7.5 on the outside. all four real close to this amount.

One was 15oz inside and out ! You could see the tire going up and down....so they rotated it 180...no change. after closer inspection half the bead would not seat all the way down like the others. dismounted re-lubed and over inflated then lots of standing around....They said they would order a new tire.

Well I got a call from them and Nitto wanted the tire so they could do a adjustment on it...I took that as a shave job to make it round. Tony at the Tire store said he sold me a new tire and I'm getting a new tire...cool. The new tire came in and the same fucking thing ! He ordered another and that one was ok.

So these Ridge Grapplers are a one and done set...

I signed up for the VIP Experience with Genright...Jordon Pellegrino was racing his new full suspension buggy and I got to spend the whole day with the race team chasing the car around the Ridgecrest desert.
    Had a blast and would recommend it to everyone. Here is a few pic's.....Also I'm going V8 I could not come close to keeping up with Terramotto....Decided to take the gloves off with my Jeep and get crazy. lol

IMG_1882.jpg
    IMG_1892.jpg
    IMG_1888.jpg

I went to the Expo Sunday....had a good time seeing cool shit.

IMG_1905.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1945.jpg
    IMG_1958.jpg
    IMG_1968.jpg

One of the Gordini's was there...and this kids hair reminded me of someone.

IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1995.jpg

I swapped bumpers too.....The ARB did not fit well with the CTI winch I have.....I went to the LoD destroyer.

I also cut off the fangs from the frame, much nicer clean look.

IMG_2022.jpg
    IMG_2024.jpg
    IMG_2025.jpg
    IMG_2026.jpg
    IMG_2027.jpg

Looking good!

After the pics, I wish I would've had time to make it to the Off Road Expo

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast