Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: 39459 vs 39516

  1. #11
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,635
    Ah yes. The layer of plastic that’s burnt on to my muffler. I see it now.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #12
    Hooked Lank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    136
    It'll burn off.. eventually

    Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #13
    Addict BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Ah yes. The layer of plastic that’s burnt on to my muffler. I see it now.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Lol. Don't feel bad, I did the same.



    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  4. #14
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,635
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Lol. Don't feel bad, I did the same.



    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Haha yeah I figured I’m not the only one. Did you just let it burn off?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #15
    Addict BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Haha yeah I figured I’m not the only one. Did you just let it burn off?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yep. Smells like shit for awhile, but it goes away.



    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  6. #16
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    31,479
    Take it off and hit it with a torch to burn it off. It’ll be quicker.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  7. #17
    Nothing but a Thing nmwranglerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Posts
    1,163
    Which exhaust did you end up going with? As far as the plastic goes, that sounds like something that I’d do, lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    "all roads lead somewhere" -anonymous

  8. #18
    Old Timer fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,635
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Take it off and hit it with a torch to burn it off. It’ll be quicker.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I was considering that, although not taking it off. I may still try that. We’ll see.

    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Yep. Smells like shit for awhile, but it goes away.



    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Ok cool. As long as it doesn’t burn my Jeep to the ground.


    Quote Originally Posted by nmwranglerx View Post
    Which exhaust did you end up going with? As far as the plastic goes, that sounds like something that I’d do, lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I went with the one that goes all the way back because I wasn’t thrilled with the idea of dumping the exhaust right under where my kids sit. But now that I see it, I can tell I’m probably going to knock off the chrome tip and crush the exit pipe on the rocks, just like what happened with my stock exhaust. I may have to ditch the tip and trim some off the pipe so it dumps just past the axle. We’ll see.



    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #19
    Addict BaddestCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palmdale, CA
    Posts
    5,595
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    . I may have to ditch the tip and trim some off the pipe so it dumps just past the axle.
    That's exactly what I did, but I cut it at an angle just short of the rear bumper so the exhaust fumes still go all the way to the back.



    --
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

  10. #20
    Nothing but a Thing jdofmemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Menifee CA
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Ah yes. The layer of plastic that’s burnt on to my muffler. I see it now.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Who would think that something like a muffler would come wrapped in clear plastic?

    I'm considering this on my list of things I need to do, and you may have saved me from doing the same thing.

    Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dynomax 39516 on a 2015 JKUR
    By 303jkpatriot in forum Additional Vendors
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2015, 04:54 PM
  2. Dynomax 39516
    By Toneman in forum General Jeep Stuff
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2012, 01:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS