39459 vs 39516

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have a 2010 JKU. The stock exhaust has seen better days.

Trying to figure out the difference between the 39516 and 39459 kits. The DynoMax catalog says the 39459 is for vehicles with Rockcrawler-type suspension. What does that mean?

IMG_1842.jpg IMG_1843.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

I believe the rock crawler kit just means the pipe bends higher over the rear axel and more clearance then stock being tucked up a little higher.

The other kit dumps before the axle.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 2010 JKU. The stock exhaust has seen better days.

Trying to figure out the difference between the 39516 and 39459 kits. The DynoMax catalog says the 39459 is for vehicles with Rockcrawler-type suspension. What does that mean?

I'm pretty sure I ran the 39516 on Moby back in the day and I LOVED how it sounded. What I can tell you is that it's designed to dump just in front of the rear axle as opposed to going all the way out to the back. This is helpful with something like an EVO Lever System.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I believe the rock crawler kit just means the pipe bends higher over the rear axel and more clearance then stock being tucked up a little higher.

The other kit dumps before the axle.

This^^

One dumps before the axle (39516) and one dumps after (rock crawler)

I'm pretty sure I ran the 39516 on Moby back in the day and I LOVED how it sounded. What I can tell you is that it's designed to dump just in front of the rear axle as opposed to going all the way out to the back. This is helpful with something like an EVO Lever System.

Thanks for the helpful responses everyone.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Installed the kit yesterday. Didn’t have time to test drive until this morning. The whole things seems really hot. Took a look underneath and noted this discoloration. After a 20 minute drive. Is this normal? IMG_2024.jpg IMG_2025.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
Take it off and hit it with a torch to burn it off. It’ll be quicker.

I was considering that, although not taking it off. I may still try that. We’ll see.

Yep. Smells like shit for awhile, but it goes away.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Ok cool. As long as it doesn’t burn my Jeep to the ground.

Which exhaust did you end up going with? As far as the plastic goes, that sounds like something that I’d do, lol.

I went with the one that goes all the way back because I wasn’t thrilled with the idea of dumping the exhaust right under where my kids sit. But now that I see it, I can tell I’m probably going to knock off the chrome tip and crush the exit pipe on the rocks, just like what happened with my stock exhaust. I may have to ditch the tip and trim some off the pipe so it dumps just past the axle. We’ll see.

jdofmemi

Ah yes. The layer of plastic that’s burnt on to my muffler. I see it now.

Who would think that something like a muffler would come wrapped in clear plastic?

I'm considering this on my list of things I need to do, and you may have saved me from doing the same thing.

Thanks!

Top Bottom