World War II Crash Anniversary

Moochie

My Uncle was shot down and placed in a German Prison camp 68 years ago today. He is still alive and well at age 91. :)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363352666.426551.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363352679.228321.jpg

MTNBKR

Hats off to your uncle sir. The more senior patriots are few now days.
One veteran to another...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow!! That's amazing and that he's still alive is more so. Thanks for posting this up :thumb:

Prime8

Hang out with him as much as you can brother. My two grandfathers that were in WWII are gone and a coworkers father just passed away who was actually a Pearl Harbor survivor! There aren't too many left from that generation...

Moochie

Hang out with him as much as you can brother. My two grandfathers that were in WWII are gone and a coworkers father just passed away who was actually a Pearl Harbor survivor! There aren't too many left from that generation...

It's always great to visit with him. He loves to tell stories of his adventures.

DanMojo82

Not many people have official documents showing why they're more bad ass than 99.5% of the population. :usa:

gtony12

Caught the Bug

Great post, and thank you for sharing!!

I agree, spend the time with him! :yup: My dad was in WWII and Korea, 21 yrs in! :thumb: 101 st Air born! :thumb: He pasted away when I was 15yrs old. Life goes by fast!:beer:

Last edited:

MrJ3sser

That is awesome. I appreciate his service and sacrifice. I love talking to WW2 vets and hearing their stories. It makes me realize that I have it so easy.

My grandpa served in the Navy during WW2 on the USS Brownson, a destroyer that went to Antarctica. He was a part of 'The Tin Can Sailors'.

Thanks for posting this!

Tackerdown

Banned
wow what a cool piece of history hanks for sharing.Next time I'm wheeling with the wayalife crew we will do a shot of honey in his honor.

FrankenJeeper

I thank your grandfather for his service.

My grandpa was in Merril's Marauders in WW2, but he was one of those who refused to speak about the war.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tink48

One of my favorite jobs when I was on active duty was working in the Passenger Terminal. I thoroughly interacting with the retirees and listening to their stories. Please thank him for his service.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Thats great Moochie!

Makes me miss my Grandad! He was a Marine and was on Pearl Harbor during the attack. He had a ticket to board the Arizona but luckily wasn't on board yet when it was sunk.

You should definitely get video for your future generations! I sure wish I had!

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Bullwinckle

Hooked
That is very cool and I honor and thank your uncle for his service. My Grandpa served in WW2 fighting the Jappanese he didnt tell too many stories and has passed a way in October but I am happy he is no longer in pain anymore and with God. :usa: God Bless our Military!

Top Bottom