Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : CODEX - Building a 2-Door Extra Cab Gladiator Overland Truck with a HELLCAT

Cool VIDEO : CODEX - Building a 2-Door Extra Cab Gladiator Overland Truck with a HELLCAT

In what's sure to be a sea of big and built up Jeep JT Gladiators coming from just about every manufacturer and vendor out there, Dynatrac decided to take a different approach to the problem of, how to stand out in a crowd. Sure, the ultimate goal was to get theirs sitting on a set of ProRock axles, 40" tires and even get a Hellcat HEMI under the hood but to really set it apart from the rest, that would require something a bit more dramatic. In this short video, you'll get to see what it took to transform a bone stock Gladiator into CODEX, a 2-door extra cab overland pickup truck and with 717 horses under the hood.

I should note that this video only covers Stages 1 and 2. Essentially, the chopping of the body and frame, the installation of a supercharged 6.2L Hellcat HEMI, the mounting of a Patriot Camper PCOR box, the wrapping of the body by Sticky Finger Designs and the installation of Rhino Rack roof racks. All this was done to get CODEX out to the 2019 Overland Expo in Flagstaff, AZ and in just a nick of time. The 3rd and final stage will resume soon after and that will include the installation of a Rock Krawler suspension system, Dynatrac XD60 front axle, ProRock 80 rear axle and 40" tires and all at the hands of Savvy Off Road.

Please let us know what you think of the video and the build!

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
    If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

I think I might like it when it’s on 40s.... it just looks odd being on small tires, all top heavy. What size are those now?

I wish they left the bed on there but added some length to it.

I really like the proportions of the cab. And who can't appreciate a Hellcat! 😎

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Thank you for the video, Eddie & Cindy...that was certainly a lot work put into this build in such a short time...

At the 3:36 mark when it left America’s Most Wanted 4x4 as a two door truck with a Hellcat in it...I would have left it just like that, with the Dynatrac axles, suspension & 40’s of the phase 3 planned...it would have been kick ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Thank you for the video, Eddie & Cindy...that was certainly a lot work put into this build in such a short time...

At the 3:36 mark when it left America’s Most Wanted 4x4 as a two door truck with a Hellcat in it...I would have left it just like that, with the Dynatrac axles, suspension & 40’s of the phase 3 planned...it would have been kick ass...
    That’s probably where it’s going to end up after overland expo.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I know its going to be bad ass when finished. Clearly lots of hard work to this point in the build. Can’t wait to see Phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    That’s probably where it’s going to end up after overland expo.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    That would be awesome...

Nothing but a Thing desertrunner's Avatar
    Maybe it will be better with the 40s but IMO the rear tires need to be like 4-6" farther back to make the proportion look right. It looks like they chopped off all the body and front of the bed but left the back of the bed length. IDK I'm not sold yet but maybe the new suspension and bigger tires will help a bit. The concept and the amount of fab work is amazing though

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    12' 2dr Gecko Sport 6 speed
    PR44, ARBs, 4.88s, 35 spline rear, Adams 1350 Front & Rear, Rubi T-case, Rubi sway bar + Evo no limits, Evo armor & skids, 37/13.50" Cooper STT Pro, Evo 2" plush / OME med duty springs

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.
    ***CURRENT DD*** 16' F150

Enjoyed the video, thanks Eddie and Cindy. I am definitely liking the build for sure. Going to be a great capable Overlanding vehicle.

Thanks for posting the video very interesting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast