Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO : MILD 2 WILD - 2019 JEEP EXPERIENCE at Katemcy Rocks Texas - PART 2

Loved the video! Looks like east coast wheeling. Rocks spaced just far enough apart and slick to be a pain in the ass! Lol at least those Texas rocks had some grip to them.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by briand View Post
    Another great video and I’d have to say, I new there were places to wheel in Texas, but I didn’t know of any place like that there! What a great trip!
    No kidding! Our son used to live in Texas so it's not like we haven't been through the state before. I just don't think we ever knew there were rolling hills and big rocks like this out there. Glad you enjoyed the video

Quote Originally Posted by mauijim View Post
    Another great time watching your videos. It’s very clear that you can out drive everyone and know how to pick the line and know when to use the Moab bump and when to hammer down. Great driving.
    LOL!! You're way too kind. I just get lucky from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    Finally had a chance to sit down and watch part 2. Cindy and Eddie, great video and driving! Man that looks like a good time.
    Awesome! Happy to hear you liked what you saw

Quote Originally Posted by Edwrds View Post
    Pretty sure by now Eddie you’ve figured out that you just can’t make everyone happy and there will always be someone with hurt feelings. Oh well!!
    Great video keep them coming.
    Oh yeah. Typically, it's the music we use that pisses people off but there are also a lot of guys who are into my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Regolith View Post
    Eddie, not sure if you’ve mentioned it in a post I might have overlooked, but in the Pt 2 video you mentioned that you’ve seen the JL lockers not engaging multiple times now. What’s that all about? Any clarification on what you meant?
    So, at about 17:56 in the video, you can actually hear Tom from PSC explain to me what was going on. He has an sPod and it was acting up. Apparently, Dana was having a similar if not the same issue with theirs. We had just seen a lot of this going on during the run. Sometimes, you can just pull a fuse, stick it back in and then turn on a light or something and everything starts to work again. Long story short, it wasn't necessarily the e-locker that was bad but the switch system.

That being said, we were having a lot of problems with our rear e-locker on this trip as well. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. It would only be once we got home that I found 2 of the 4 wires at the differential had pulled out of the plug.

Otherwise, we've seen all kinds of problems with the e-locker over the last 12 years and most of them come from the spider gears getting fractures from hard use and swelling to the point where they no longer move freely. This causes your lockers to either engage and not release or not engage at all.

Not saying that ARB's don't have their share of problems but so long as they're getting air, they work. Or at least, that's been the case for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    So, at about 17:56 in the video, you can actually hear Tom from PSC explain to me what was going on. He has an sPod and it was acting up. Apparently, Dana was having a similar if not the same issue with theirs. We had just seen a lot of this going on during the run. Sometimes, you can just pull a fuse, stick it back in and then turn on a light or something and everything starts to work again. Long story short, it wasn't necessarily the e-locker that was bad but the switch system.

That being said, we were having a lot of problems with our rear e-locker on this trip as well. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. It would only be once we got home that I found 2 of the 4 wires at the differential had pulled out of the plug.

Otherwise, we've seen all kinds of problems with the e-locker over the last 12 years and most of them come from the spider gears getting fractures from hard use and swelling to the point where they no longer move freely. This causes your lockers to either engage and not release or not engage at all.

Not saying that ARB's don't have their share of problems but so long as they're getting air, they work. Or at least, that's been the case for me.
    Copy all, thanks for the reply. For a moment I was concerned that there might be a systemic issue with the JL elockers that I wasn’t tracking. Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

And the WINNER of the WAYALIFE shot glasses is...

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyCarolanNC View Post
    I gotta say that “gatekeeper” was one of the craziest obstacles yet! Looks like an amazing time was had by everyone. I’d love a follow up up walk around of jet-li because he got hammered! It looked like your tie rod took a hell of a beating!
    Congratulations ScoobyCarolanNC!

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Congratulations, ScoobyCarolanNC!

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Nice! Congrats, Scooby!
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Congrats man!!!

Congrats ScoobyCarolanNC!

Congrats Scooby!

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast