Rear bumper tire carrier (HD Customs?)

jk12blk

Hi everyone,
I've been waiting for months for PSC to release their new JK bumper with tire carrier. Starting to get tired of waiting, so now looking at other solutions. Do any of you have experience with the HD customs tire carrier? Specially, the one that slants the rear tire on a angle in line with the best top trektop nx (I have the trektop nx).
Here is a link to the HD Custom carrier -> http://www.off-road.com/jeep/review...-dagger-bumpers-install-amp-review-52089.html

The offroad evolution tire carrier looks like it would perform extremely well. Coupled with a PSC BFH rear bumper, that might be a great solution too.

thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can't tell you one way or another about the quality of their products but, I can tell you that while we still owned JKF, they were caught red handed trying to pimp their stuff while pretending to be just another Joe Blo. When caught, I tried multiple times to get him to come clean but he chose to perpetuate the lie and so I ultimately ended up blacklisting them. I know that things like honesty and and integrity don't mean much to anyone these days but, they still mean a lot to me.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well you may be waiting even longer. I could be wrong but last I remember HD Customs wasn't even around anymore. The article you posted is from 2010.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I can't tell you one way or another about the quality of their products but, I can tell you that while we still owned JKF, they were caught red handed trying to pimp their stuff while pretending to be just another Joe Blo. When caught, I tried multiple times to get him to come clean but he chose to perpetuate the lie and so I ultimately ended up blacklisting them. I know that things like honesty and and integrity don't mean much to anyone these days but, they still mean a lot to me.

I Agree With you 100% :yup: Got My Support! :thumb:

Devallee

If you like the slanted rear tire carrier look, check out Knuckles Off Road. They're a pretty new company that makes a bumper like that. I know a couple guys running them and they love em so far. I love the idea just not really a fan of the shape of the bumper. http://www.knucklesoffroad.com/

zombjep

Looking at the Knuckles carrier also. I went and checked one out and man is that a sturdy beast. If you're looking to save weight this isn't the bumper for you but if you're preparing for the zombie apocalypse :) it'll do. Anyone have personal experience with one?

jk12blk

Looking at the Knuckles carrier also. I went and checked one out and man is that a sturdy beast. If you're looking to save weight this isn't the bumper for you but if you're preparing for the zombie apocalypse :) it'll do. Anyone have personal experience with one?

I received my KOR bumper two days ago. I've only had time to remove the factory bumper and install the KOR backplate and rotopax. Next step is to cut the frame rails, install the bumper, tire carrier, and skewer. Not sure when I will have time to do this, but will post a writeup when i'm done. I'm extermely pleased with what I've seen so far - definitely a heavy duty quality bumper. The customer service at Knuckles has been great - ask for Dennis if interested.

zombjep

I received my KOR bumper two days ago. I've only had time to remove the factory bumper and install the KOR backplate and rotopax. Next step is to cut the frame rails, install the bumper, tire carrier, and skewer. Not sure when I will have time to do this, but will post a writeup when i'm done. I'm extermely pleased with what I've seen so far - definitely a heavy duty quality bumper. The customer service at Knuckles has been great - ask for Dennis if interested.

Thanks for the info. Going to order one in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to your write up.

xflstl

Of course it now appears that the new PSC single action rear tire carrier is available...... To bad it only holds upto a 39" tire :doh:

Devallee

Is the tire carrier selectable between a slanted and a upright?

Yes it is. If you buy the skewer to put it slanted, you have the option to remove the skewer to bring it back down to its upright position whenever you get ready :thumb:

Top Bottom