Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: Antirock Vs. Swayloc Vs. Genright

  1. #21
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    27,387
    Quote Originally Posted by dytrdr5 View Post
    I just find it ironic that a couple years ago boat style sliders, RCV axle shafts and skid plates that mount to the motor mounts were highly frowned upon around here. What were the latest upgrades to the WAYALIFE JL? The above mentioned mentioned 3 things


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jet li got a prorock, and rcvs were the only shafts that Dynatrac had at the time. Thats a fact and Eddie even said it wouldn't have been his choice if it could be avoided.
    As far as boat style sliders and skid plates that mount to the motor mounts, I've never heard a complaint about those and plenty of members here run them. Regardless, who gives a shit what people choose to run?

    Seems like the only time a product here gets negative feedback is when it's backed up with shitty performance or the company is shitty.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES



    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

  2. #22
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    52,018
    Quote Originally Posted by dytrdr5 View Post
    Trust me, Iím no expert and never have claimed to be. You guys have been wheeling for much longer than myself...
    LOL - and yet, here you are shooting your mouth off about things you know nothing about.

    I just find it ironic that a couple years ago boat style sliders, RCV axle shafts and skid plates that mount to the motor mounts were highly frowned upon around here. What were the latest upgrades to the WAYALIFE JL? The above mentioned mentioned 3 things


    Apparently, you've either never watched any of our videos or are incapable of listening carefully to the things I've been saying. If you had, you'd know that I STILL HAVE MY DOUBTS regarding "boat side sliders". This is the reason why we ran LoD FRAME MOUNTED SILDERS for as long as we had. We simply decided to TEST the Bomber Rocker guards that we have now but ONLY with the knowledge that we could swap in FRAMED MOUNTED SLIDERS once they became available.

    Regarding RCV's, I STILL THINK THEY AREN'T WORTH THE $400 PREMIUM and STILL HATE HOW THEY SNAP AND POP LOUDLY after hard use and that RCV will NOT warranty them when they do. We ONLY decided to run them because THERE WERE NO OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE for a ProRock 44JL. If there were, I GUARANTEE YOU that we would be running them instead.

    As far as skid plates go, I HATE the new ProTek skids and think it's LAME that they are designed like all the other crap out there. I am INFINITELY DISAPPOINTED IN EVO for not making skids similar to how they were designed for the JK. UNFORTUNATELY, NOBODY offers what I would prefer to be running. Hell, I really don't even give a hoot about protecting my oil pan and only run this skid to protect my transmission cooler lines.

    But hey, no need to listen to anything I might have to say. Clearly, you're the guy with all the answers.

  3. #23
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    8,506
    Quote Originally Posted by dytrdr5 View Post
    Trust me, I’m no expert and never have claimed to be. You guys have been wheeling for much longer than myself, I just find it ironic that a couple years ago boat style sliders, RCV axle shafts and skid plates that mount to the motor mounts were highly frowned upon around here. What were the latest upgrades to the WAYALIFE JL? The above mentioned mentioned 3 things


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Not that Eddie needs me to speak for him, numbnuts, but it's only because those particular parts are the only ones available at this point. No weld on sliders from EVO yet, RCV's are the only shafts available from Dynatrac, and EVO makes the best option for the skid plate at this point. Anything else?


    EDIT: LOL, Shoulda known I'd get beaten to the punch
    Last edited by Ddays; 05-31-2019 at 01:51 AM.

  4. #24
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    52,018
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    As far as boat style sliders and skid plates that mount to the motor mounts, I've never heard a complaint about those and plenty of members here run them.
    Clearly, I'm every bit as dishonest as dytrdr5 is painting me to be and nothing I say should be trusted but there's a legitimate concern regarding boat side sliders. Sure, they look great but I have personally seen where they've CAUSED body damage from hard enough hits. I'm HOPING that won't be the case on our JL but I won't lie, I have my doubts. I am still eagerly waiting for frame mounted sliders from EVO as they are what I prefer.

  5. #25
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    52,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Not that Eddie needs me to speak for him, numbnuts, but it's only because those particular parts are the only ones available at this point. No weld on sliders from EVO yet, RCV's are the only shafts available from Dynatrac, and EVO makes the best option for the skid plate at this point. Anything else?


    EDIT: LOL, Shoulda known I'd get beaten to the punch
    Guys like this are incapable of understanding that you've actually PAID ATTENTION and LISTENED to things I've been saying and will assume that I've somehow put you up to saying all this.

  6. #26
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    27,387
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    but there's a legitimate concern regarding boat side sliders. Sure, they look great but I have personally seen where they've CAUSED body damage from hard enough hits. I'm HOPING that won't be the case on our JL but I won't lie, I have my doubts. I am still eagerly waiting for frame mounted sliders from EVO as they are what I prefer.
    Hell yes. I was assuming that he was talking about the cosmetic design. But as far as how any slider is mounted, I'd take a frame mount any day for the reason you just stated.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES



    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

    Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

  7. #27
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    8,506
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Guys like this are incapable of understanding that you've actually PAID ATTENTION and LISTENED to things I've been saying and will assume that I've somehow put you up to saying all this.
    Nah, never that. We're all here just sucking down that Wayalife Koolaide and agreeing with everything you say like the good little followers that we are
    I love it when people ask for opinions then get all pissy when you don't validate the opinion they favor

  8. #28
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    52,018
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Hell yes. I was assuming that he was talking about the cosmetic design. But as far as how any slider is mounted, I'd take a frame mount any day for the reason you just stated.
    Oh yeah, cosmetically, body mounted sliders still look way better to me and will give you more ground clearance at the rockers. On a TJ, they were the way to go. On a JK and now a JL, I have my doubts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Nah, never that. We're all here just sucking down that Wayalife Koolaide and agreeing with everything you say like the good little followers that we are
    I love it when people ask for opinions then get all pissy when you don't validate the opinion they favor
    Exactly! AS IF some of us would have any reason to make any of this up. Fanboys - ya gotta love their passion to defend the things they chose to buy.

  9. #29
    Caught the Bug dytrdr5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    88
    You guys sure get pretty defensive as soon as someone doesnít agree with your opinions on parts, but donít worry Iíll see my way out of this forum. Bye


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #30
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    30,273
    Quote Originally Posted by dytrdr5 View Post
    You guys sure get pretty defensive as soon as someone doesnít agree with your opinions on parts, but donít worry Iíll see my way out of this forum. Bye


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Fuck off.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37Ē Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5Ē Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40Ē Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BFH II and Antirock
    By QRFJK11 in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2018, 05:11 AM
  2. AntiRock - Front JK
    By RockinAZJK in forum FOR SALE (Active Members ONLY)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2018, 12:04 AM
  3. Antirock questions??
    By Jeepin989 in forum General Off-Road Tech
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2017, 12:27 AM
  4. Currie Antirock Jk
    By Krawl1 in forum FOR SALE (Active Members ONLY)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2015, 02:50 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2014, 09:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS