Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Build of Gorilla JKU

Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar

Build of Gorilla JKU

I figured it was time to put up my build and what has been done so far. Like most of you here, I have spent countless hours building my jeep and am proud to say I have done everything myself. I must admit even though I turned the wrenches on everything, I would have been lost without this place at many times. I want to say thank you to Eddie and Cindy for creating this forum and thank you to all the members for the help and knowledge I have received along the way.

When I bought my JKU new in 2017 I never imagined I would spend so much money so fast. My initial intentions were to lift it, run 35’s, and be done. I took the Jeep out for its first off road trip and it never saw dirt in stock formation again. While on that trip I started researching lifts and was immediately drawn to Evo because of the King shocks. At this point, I never heard of Evo and kept researching them and kept finding great information on Wayalife.
    I have been through a few phases with bumpers and tires with the jeep and learned the hard lesson of buy once cry once. I knew from day one I wanted Evo stuff but was worried in the beginning of cutting frame, drilling holes, and making major body modifications. Well, that’s not a concern anymore and brings me to today and all the changes I made over the last 2 years.

Here she is on day1.
    Gorilla (1).jpg

Originally, this was the end of my build. 3-inch Evo enforcer stage 2 draglink flip, Kings 2.5’s, wheels spacers, and stock wheels on 35 BFG KM2. Well, that’s what I told the wife at least.
    Gorilla (2).jpg

Then I got SOTA SSD wheels and cut the fenders
    Gorilla (3).jpg

I ran the 35’s for about 1000 miles before I decided I wanted 37’s and beadlocks with a wider stance. Since the tailgate bent with the 35’s I started looking for a tires carrier. I found a good deal on a brand new in box PS front bumper and rear tire carrier and ran that for a bit.
    Gorilla (4).jpgGorilla (5).jpgGorilla (6).jpg

A few months later at the offroad expo I met Tony from Genright and he sold me on the tire cage and bumpers. I went home that day a pulled off the PS stuff and sold it. I really wanted to go with EVO at this point but was still concerned with cutting and drilling a ton of holes into the body and most of the Genright stuff was simple bolt on and fit the bill.
    Gorilla (7).jpgGorilla (8).jpg

During the Genright swap I also added front and rear Adams 1350 drive shafts, upgraded the other 4 controls to have all EVOs, installed a race radio, and built this deck with some L brackets. I got my idea from here, I think it was from Sharkey.
    Gorilla (10).jpgGorilla (11).jpg Gorilla (12).jpg

I first went with the EVO weld on sliders which started the itch to sell the Genright stuff and finally go with my original plan I had in my head since day one.
    Gorilla (9).jpg

My wife was complaining about not having a step when we were in MOAB and she saw some boatside sliders and told me I should get a set of those. The weld on's came off pretty easy so at this point again I pulled off all the GenRight gear as well and put it all up for sale. Fiend is now the new owner off all the Genright gear. Since, I had drilled some holes for the GenRight carrier and welded on EVO sliders and then cut them off, drilling and cutting was not a concern to me anymore. So, I went all in and bought the quarter pounder, Pro series boatsides and skins, rear tire carrier and skins, Maxxima rear lights, rear fascia, and the 90-dollar fancy pins for tail gate.

To finish her off today I finally added the Warn Zeon 10-S courtesy of Bubba at Exodus Jeeps.
    Gorilla (13).jpgGorilla (14).jpgGorilla (15).jpgGorilla (16).jpg

I say finished but we all know that’s a lie. I am currently lurking at PR44, bigger brakes, gearing, and some MCE fenders.

Again, thanks to everyone for all the help getting me here.

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing Zstairlessone's Avatar
    Pretty bad-ass Jeep

Nice Jeep...I dig it!

Great Jeep!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Looks great
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Looks awesome! I like that deck you built I need one

Nice! Feels good to know your Jeep so well by doing the work yourself, huh?
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Knows a Thing or Two tastethebeast's Avatar
    Great looking Jeep! I tried a couple different bumpers before finally finding the "right one".

Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr11 View Post
    Looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstairlessone View Post
    Pretty bad-ass Jeep

Quote Originally Posted by Rst8rox View Post
    Nice Jeep...I dig it!

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Great Jeep!
    2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep Scrambler
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Looks great
    Thanks guys, I appreciate feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    Looks awesome! I like that deck you built I need one
    Thanks, I wanted something light and simple to take out if needed. A few L brackets and some hardware and its been holding up great.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    Nice! Feels good to know your Jeep so well by doing the work yourself, huh?
    Yeah and not to mention this was the first of many lifts I have installed for a few friends over the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by tastethebeast View Post
    Great looking Jeep! I tried a couple different bumpers before finally finding the "right one".
    Thanks and yeah I am happy now. Would like to add a mid bar if I can get my hands on one but that's not a easy task I'm finding out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast