Build of my JKU

MericaMade

I figured it was time to put up my build and what has been done so far. Like most of you here, I have spent countless hours building my jeep and am proud to say I have done everything myself. I must admit even though I turned the wrenches on everything, I would have been lost without this place at many times. I want to say thank you to Eddie and Cindy for creating this forum and thank you to all the members for the help and knowledge I have received along the way.

When I bought my JKU new in 2017 I never imagined I would spend so much money so fast. My initial intentions were to lift it, run 35’s, and be done. I took the Jeep out for its first off road trip and it never saw dirt in stock formation again. While on that trip I started researching lifts and was immediately drawn to Evo because of the King shocks. At this point, I never heard of Evo and kept researching them and kept finding great information on Wayalife.

Here she is on day1.
Gorilla (1).jpg

Originally, this was the end of my build. 3-inch Evo enforcer stage 2 draglink flip, Kings 2.5’s, wheels spacers, and stock wheels on 35 BFG KM2. Well, that’s what I told the wife at least.
Gorilla (2).jpg

I ran the 35’s for about 1000 miles before I decided I wanted 37’s and beadlocks with a wider stance. Since the tailgate bent with the 35’s I started looking for a tires carrier. I found a good deal on a brand new in box PS front bumper and rear tire carrier and ran that for a bit.
Gorilla (4).jpg Gorilla (5).jpg

I also added front and rear Adams 1350 drive shafts, upgraded the other 4 controls to have all EVOs, installed a race radio, and built this deck with some L brackets. I got my idea from here, I think it was from Sharkey.
Gorilla (10).jpg Gorilla (11).jpg Gorilla (12).jpg

Added the Warn Zeon 10-S courtesy of Bubba at Exodus Jeeps.
Gorilla (13).jpg Gorilla (14).jpg Gorilla (15).jpg Gorilla (16).jpg

Again, thanks to everyone for all the help getting me here.:thumb:

Attachments

• Gorilla (8).jpg
    Gorilla (8).jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 844
  • Gorilla (7).jpg
    Gorilla (7).jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 846
Last edited:

MericaMade

Looks great!
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Pretty bad-ass Jeep

Nice Jeep...I dig it!

Great Jeep!
2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Looks great :thumb:

Thanks guys, I appreciate feedback.

Looks awesome! I like that deck you built [emoji106] I need one

Thanks, I wanted something light and simple to take out if needed. A few L brackets and some hardware and its been holding up great.

Nice! Feels good to know your Jeep so well by doing the work yourself, huh?

Yeah and not to mention this was the first of many lifts I have installed for a few friends over the past year.

Great looking Jeep! I tried a couple different bumpers before finally finding the "right one".

Thanks and yeah I am happy now. Would like to add a mid bar if I can get my hands on one but that's not a easy task I'm finding out.

Ddays

Hooked
Looking good man! Those Method wheels are nice. I have the non-beadlock versions on my JL. I think coilovers would look good peeking out of those fender wells! ;)

MericaMade

Question for you guys. I am pondering the idea of upgrading to the Evo long arms and coil overs but want to make sure I understand a few things first or see if it’s even worth it. I am defiantly stepping up to coil overs just unsure if I should go through all the trouble of the high clearance long arms during the switch over process.

Do long arms give you more flex over standard arms? I was told the long arm kit tends to bind up easier than the standard arms, but this was from a guy I was talking to on a trail.

Do I really need long arms if I am running a 3 inch lift?

Are there any disadvantages of the long arm kit?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Question for you guys. I am pondering the idea of upgrading to the Evo long arms and coil overs but want to make sure I understand a few things first or see if it’s even worth it. I am defiantly stepping up to coil overs just unsure if I should go through all the trouble of the high clearance long arms during the switch over process.

Do long arms give you more flex over standard arms? I was told the long arm kit tends to bind up easier than the standard arms, but this was from a guy I was talking to on a trail.

Do I really need long arms if I am running a 3 inch lift?

Are there any disadvantages of the long arm kit?

In the order you asked.

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I switched from coilovers on standard arms to the EVO high clearance long arms. I could tell the difference in the amount of flex. I got about an inch of extra flex. Not much but it’s something. The most Notable difference was the road manners. Night and day!

BaddestCross

I switched from coilovers on standard arms to the EVO high clearance long arms. I could tell the difference in the amount of flex. I got about an inch of extra flex. Not much but it’s something. The most Notable difference was the road manners. Night and day!

I'd bet it was the guy that set them up for you that got you better flex.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

MericaMade

I cant stand the Uconnent and POS stock head unit. Any recommendations for a new Andriod Auto Head unit? And what does a used stock head sell for now of days?

Top Bottom