Thread: Noise from dash area, near dash speaker

Fresh Catch

Noise from dash area, near dash speaker

Just bought a Rubicon. Has about 200 miles. This noise started today when I hit highway speeds. Hard to tell from video, but it sounds more like an electronic noise than it does from wind. Almost sounds like it comes from the speaker. I powered the stereo off and it still does it. Wondered if anyone has experienced this. Needless to say, I will be going to the dealer when they open so hopefully its a quick fix.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Upnarms View Post
    Just bought a Rubicon. Has about 200 miles. This noise started today when I hit highway speeds. Hard to tell from video, but it sounds more like an electronic noise than it does from wind. Almost sounds like it comes from the speaker. I powered the stereo off and it still does it. Wondered if anyone has experienced this. Needless to say, I will be going to the dealer when they open so hopefully its a quick fix.

It’s not the radio, had exactly same noise I called it like someone sending Morse code lol.. it’s the windshield gasket. Look around edge and most likely will see it pinched or pulled up from windshield, mine was pulled up from driver side lower corner just a little.. showed dealer they fixed it and sound was gone. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch

I heard something like this too

I did hear a whistling sound somewhat like this with my 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon (with the 2.0L turbo) when I took it on the highway at around 160 miles for engine break-in. I heard the noise for no more than a minute while driving at around 80MPH. I have hardly driven on the highway (even with 700 miles already) so I can't say if I would hear it again. I have not seen anything wrong with the windshield seal.

Bob

Fresh Catch

Fixed

I forgot to post an update. Yes it was related to the windshield seal. It was seated improperly at the factory, raised off frame 1/4 inch on driver side. Issue resolved, somebody should've caught that, but oh well