RTI or CTI Scores - Do People Really Give a S#!t ??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I gotta know, am I just completely out of the loop or do people really care about RTI or the new craze, CTI scores? I mean, do they really matter? Not trying to be facetious here, I just can't say that I personally have ever given a shit but lately, I hear more and more people throw around numbers like they're supposed to mean something. Of course, if they do and are something I should care about, I'd be grateful if you could help educate me as to why.

Thank you :cool:

longarmwj

I think it's cool to be able to max out your travel if nothing else to see where you might have clearance issues or to see it anything binds. The local 4 Wheel Parts has an RTI ramp and anytime I do anything suspension wise to my Jeep I'll take it down there and cycle it to make sure nothing binds or makes contact with anything.

Other then that, it's mostly a way for people who drive down a dirt road once a year and call it wheeling to brag about how much flex their Jeep has so they can brag to people in Costco.

That being said, I've never turned down a chance to play around on a RTI ramp or CTI machine, and my CTI score is 660 :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's cool to be able to max out your travel if nothing else to see where you might have clearance issues or to see it anything binds. The local 4 Wheel Parts has an RTI ramp and anytime I do anything suspension wise to my Jeep I'll take it down there and cycle it to make sure nothing binds or makes contact with anything.

Other then that, it's mostly a way for people who drive down a dirt road once a year and call it wheeling to brag about how much flex their Jeep has so they can brag to people in Costco.

That being said, I've never turned down a chance to play around on a RTI ramp or CTI machine, and my CTI score is 660 :cheesy:

Okay, I get that. Fortunately, I have big rocks down the street from me where I can do the same and I know not everyone does. But a serious question, what does the 660 mean? I assume that's good? Again, not trying to be facetious, just trying to learn something I've never bothered to before. :crazyeyes:

longarmwj

Okay, I get that. Fortunately, I have big rocks down the street from me where I can do the same and I know not everyone does. But a serious question, what does the 660 mean? I assume that's good? Again, not trying to be facetious, just trying to learn something I've never bothered to before. :crazyeyes:

The 660 is the score. I'm not sure how they do the scoring I just know the little sicker I got. Yes, they write it on a sticker to display on your Jeep :cheesy:

A stock JK apparently is around 500 or so. The CTI ramp is, ironically, made by metaljoke, and they have this massive poster beside it talking about how little other lifts flex and if you get their leaky 6 pack shocks, you can get an amazing CTI score of 1400!!!

I only go on it because it's humorous to see the metaljoke guys running around the Jeep with a clipboard pointing at things that are "limiting" my score only to try to then sell me on some leaky shocks :naw::crazyeyes:

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Bench racing for Jeeps. :rolleyes2:

Honestly I think its kind of stupid. Seems like the only people that give two shits about it never take their Jeeps on dirt. What matters is whether or not you can make it over the obstacle you're up against.

WJCO

Meme King
Here ya go, directly from the source. I'm just as confused as you are :shock:

So is this just a score from Metacloak or are their other companies who have this info? In other words, the term 'CTI,' is that their proprietary term or something?

longarmwj

So is this just a score from Metacloak or are their other companies who have this info? In other words, the term 'CTI,' is that their proprietary term or something?

From what I understand CTI is something that metacloak only does. And they are the only people, that I’m aware of at least, who have a CTI machine.

It’s basically a way for them to try to sell people on their fancy gold suspension

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We should start a live chat and compare scores. [emoji849]

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

The 660 is the score. I'm not sure how they do the scoring I just know the little sicker I got. Yes, they write it on a sticker to display on your Jeep :cheesy:

A stock JK apparently is around 500 or so. The CTI ramp is, ironically, made by metaljoke, and they have this massive poster beside it talking about how little other lifts flex and if you get their leaky 6 pack shocks, you can get an amazing CTI score of 1400!!!

I only go on it because it's humorous to see the metaljoke guys running around the Jeep with a clipboard pointing at things that are "limiting" my score only to try to then sell me on some leaky shocks :naw::crazyeyes:

LOL - I ain't gonna lie, it really is brilliant marketing. Love your description of what it's like to do it. :crazyeyes:

I think it’s weird people have those ramp contests. I personally think it’s lame.

It's a little weird to me too but then, I figure everyone has their thing :crazyeyes:

critter812

I put my jeep on a ramp 3X in its life first time was was stock, after 2.5" lift and last time was when I installed coilovers. the first 2x time was just to see gains from the work put in. The last time I was actually using it to set my front bump stops to get max flex without rubbing. Never even asked about my score and don't even know how its calculated. It did not matter at least not to me. Some shops do the same using forklift. As you said you have rocks down the street.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bench racing for Jeeps. :rolleyes2:

Honestly I think its kind of stupid. Seems like the only people that give two shits about it never take their Jeeps on dirt. What matters is whether or not you can make it over the obstacle you're up against.

Only thing that matters to me. Of course, over the years, I've seen plenty of guys in the most built up Jeeps struggle over obstacles that others in a bone stock Jeep made with ease. Only difference between the two... the drivers.

Here ya go, directly from the source. I'm just as confused as you are :shock:

WTF? :shock: :cheesy:

Good question. Since math is involved, I would think it'd have to be something anyone could do but I could be wrong.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That has to be more then a stock jeep. View attachment 329752

Whoa!! Now that's impressive!! :shock:

From what I understand CTI is something that metacloak only does. And they are the only people, that I’m aware of at least, who have a CTI machine.

It’s basically a way for them to try to sell people on their fancy gold suspension

Well, they seem to be doing a good job of it. I wonder if their CTI score will tell you how well you can bomb across the desert too. :yup:

I put my jeep on a ramp 3X in its life first time was was stock, after 2.5" lift and last time was when I installed coilovers. the first 2x time was just to see gains from the work put in. The last time I was actually using it to set my front bump stops to get max flex without rubbing. Never even asked about my score and don't even know how its calculated. It did not matter at least not to me. Some shops do the same using forklift. As you said you have rocks down the street.

Like I said before, that makes a lot of sense to me and I get that. I just wasn't understanding the whole "score" thing or why people were throwing numbers around like I should know what it means. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom