Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Door hinge dirt spay

Door hinge dirt spay

Hear, hear, new to the JL but far from new to the jk. Just took time to mod the power wagon a bit till I missed jeepin. Nice ride in comparison; but my question is has anyone had issues with spray from the bfg’s severe enough to pepper the door hinges and ridges of the door? If so, did the dealer repaint? What was done to teamed the problem? I know folded rock rails will likely fix it. I shouldn’t have to put $2k in the rock rail of my choice IMO
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by medbender View Post
    Hear, hear, new to the JL but far from new to the jk. Just took time to mod the power wagon a bit till I missed jeepin. Nice ride in comparison; but my question is has anyone had issues with spray from the bfg’s severe enough to pepper the door hinges and ridges of the door? If so, did the dealer repaint? What was done to teamed the problem? I know folded rock rails will likely fix it. I shouldn’t have to put $2k in the rock rail of my choice IMO
    A member on JLWrangler.com put some clear 3m tape on his. I know there's another thread about it as well but I can't find it.

https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...r-less-than-35
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

I guess my question is more so should I attempt to have the dealership repair damage to a bone stock rubicon that is one week old. My opinion is the cause is a design flaw be it tires used or lack of a dirt flap (I,d of probably yanked off day one if it had). Taping or adding a step would prevent further damage but a brand new Jeep shouldn’t be damaged by normal use. Looks like it’s a trip to the dealer to find out

Just hit it with touch up and put clear bra on it.

I guess my question is more so should I attempt to have the dealership repair damage to a bone stock rubicon that is one week old. My opinion is the cause is a design flaw be it tires used or lack of a dirt flap (I,d of probably yanked off day one if it had). Taping or adding a step would prevent further damage but a brand new Jeep shouldn’t be damaged by normal use. Looks like it’s a trip to the dealer to find out
    Lol. I’ve had three JKUR’s and every one had chips on the hinges. If you don’t like the “design flaw”, don’t buy a Jeep that has removable doors.

FYI- the windshields get chipped often so be prepared.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Wait until it rains.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

You need to make better choices on the malls you run in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

These things are kinda gay but will correct the "design flaw" that's been a part of Jeeps for approximately 78 years

61J8Hv6hw4L._SL1000_.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/JeCar-Hinge...-1-spons&psc=1

You should sell it and buy a car. Would fit you better.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80