Door hinge dirt spay

medbender

If my hinges and body paint looked like this after only 1 week of driving a brand new Jeep on the highway, I would be back at the dealership asking questions.

Its worth a shot IMO. Got my eye on some LoD sliders that should offer some protection. Let the mods begin:beer:

longarmwj

On a serious note, that paint does look thin. If you look in the areas I've circled it looks like metal showing through. Now this COULD be road grime kicked up but it's hard to tell in the picture. I work in the auto body repair industry and it seriously does look like the paint was made too thin or just improperly laid
thin paint.jpg

Being as it is brand new, that should fall under the 3/36,000 warranty, especially if it is a factory default. If you take it back and they agree to fix it, take it by a high end detail shop, and get a clear bra put on the hinges

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If you never took your vehicle to the dealer regarding repair warranty then the question wasnÂ’t for you. ItÂ’s nobobys business where I drive my Jeep or why I bought a Jeep. Theses are the responses that you wouldnÂ’t say to my face so why post them? If I came here for drama IÂ’d just tune into the kardashians lol. IÂ’ve got more off road, backpacking and expedition experience then more then half the people on this forum. ItÂ’s too bad people cant be more humble.

Ha! That's funny.

Your picture showed a chip. If your tires (or the tires on a vehicle ahead of you) kick up a rock and it hits your door hinges and chips the paint, how in the hell is that a design flaw by Jeep? The paint is not designed to take hits by rocks at high speed. What if the chip was on the front of your hood or your grill? Would you still be all up in arms? By claiming a design flaw, you are claiming that the fact the Jeep has exposed hinges is a flaw. You also said that perhaps it is a design flaw that your Jeep didn't come with mud flaps. Honestly, I find both positions laughable.

If there is noticeably thin paint then that is a completely different issue. You have every right to expect that your vehicle was properly painted. But, again, proper paint isn't going to prevent rocks from causing chip marks on the hinges.

Last edited:

medbender

On a serious note, that paint does look thin. If you look in the areas I've circled it looks like metal showing through. Now this COULD be road grime kicked up but it's hard to tell in the picture. I work in the auto body repair industry and it seriously does look like the paint was made too thin or just improperly laid
View attachment 330526

Being as it is brand new, that should fall under the 3/36,000 warranty, especially if it is a factory default. If you take it back and they agree to fix it, take it by a high end detail shop, and get a clear bra put on the hinges

Those are defiantly pits. That's just a sample. Its on both sides, front and rear hinges and pillars. Thanks for the advice. I'll post results as to what they say.

longarmwj

Those are defiantly pits. That's just a sample. Its on both sides, front and rear hinges and pillars. Thanks for the advice. I'll post results as to what they say.
Sadly paint has not been FCAs strong point for the past several years. Anything other then their luxury brands (Alfa Maserati and Ferrari), it's hard to find a properly painted FCA vehicle. Hell, my 2017 JKU had a clear coat run in the door jamb that I found after I bought it.

BaddestCross

Sadly paint has not been FCAs strong point for the past several years. Anything other then their luxury brands (Alfa Maserati and Ferrari), it's hard to find a properly painted FCA vehicle. Hell, my 2017 JKU had a clear coat run in the door jamb that I found after I bought it.
Lol. My 94 Dodge Ram had shitty paint. I'm guessing FCA inherited it from Chrysler.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jesse3638

Hooked
If my hinges and body paint looked like this after only 1 week of driving a brand new Jeep on the highway, I would be back at the dealership asking questions.
If this is all one week of highway driving I agree. Somehow I think it's a bit more than that. Possibly the activity of a troll.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom