Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BUST - Part 3 : The California Emigrant Trail / Crossing the Great Divide

Caught the Bug Strainger's Heart's Avatar
    More and more memories. Love it!! Looking forward to Part 4.

Very cool. Hard to believe that what they went through was just a little over one century ago.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

This is so cool. The fact you can still see the swells from the wagons is amazing.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Awesome video! Leave it to Doug to have something go wrong to make a night wheeling trip take even longer lol
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

I love history. George Santayana said it best...”Those that do not study history are doomed to repeat it”. I love history.

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Really tempted to fire this up on my drive home from South Lake this evening lol
    LOL - hope you were able to watch our video safely and that you enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by rubiDave View Post
    Another excellent episode! Very cool you got to drive some of the trail off pavement. Can't wait for the final installment, I'm going to watch them all again back to back when its released.
    Awesome! Glad to hear they're interesting enough to watch again

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    This series just gets better and better. So much History.... and “Trail Bud” to keep everyone laughing.

Part 4 - 18:31
    LOL - good times with Trail Bud for sure

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    Very fun to watch and each episode makes me want to make this trek someday. The ice slough was particularly interesting to me.

Part 4 guess, 20:01

Thanks again for another great video!
    It's a trip that every American should want to make if only so that they can get a glimpse of what it took for this country to become what it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by TOPLESS View Post
    Love the history! Thanks guys!
    So glad to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by Clearskies View Post
    Just as I was thinking it wouldn't be a Wayalife video without a night time breakdown you said it. Perfect.
    Glad it was minor.
    I've always been fascinated with the travel west of the wagon trains. Glad you did it, the only thing that would make it better is me doing it..

LOL - you had to know it was coming

Quote Originally Posted by Trail JK View Post
    2 much fun! 🤣. Awesome video!

Part 4: 26:30
    Having been on trips with us, you know we can't make this shit up. Good times always

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Bud View Post
    Man I’m lovin’ it!!! The continental divide!!!, the Oregon Trail split!!! The grass lands!!!
    It was such a magnificent trip/ life event!!!
    I’m smiling. .

And Tony and everyone it was SOOO much fun!

I still love you Tony.
    I'm sure he loves you TWO

Quote Originally Posted by Edwrds View Post
    Part 4 -23minutes.

So amazing how the trail is still visible and some of the markers are still there and haven’t been vandalized.
    The trail is officially a part of the Nation Parks Service and great effort is made by many non-profit groups to help preserve it. It really is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Strainger's Heart View Post
    More and more memories. Love it!! Looking forward to Part 4.
    Good times for sure

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Very cool. Hard to believe that what they went through was just a little over one century ago.
    Hard to believe how much hasn't changed since then or at least, in terms of what the landscape looks like today.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    This is so cool. The fact you can still see the swells from the wagons is amazing.
    I think the wagon swales you can still see today is what Cindy and I love the most.

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Awesome video! Leave it to Doug to have something go wrong to make a night wheeling trip take even longer lol
    LOL - I think it was because of it and the fact that we didn't pull into town until 3am that made this day the most memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    I love history. George Santayana said it best...”Those that do not study history are doomed to repeat it”. I love history.
    And that's what troubles me the most. Not only do so many people not know their history, so many are so eager to erase any and all traces of it and all because they are offended by it.

What an awesome video yet again. In one part of the video you where looking at the swells from the wagons, it looked like the vegetation still hadn’t fully grown back after all these years. Thank you for sharing next video I’m guessing to be 19:21

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block Tanktitan's Avatar
    Thanks for bringing history to life. Great series.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block Jaybird 11's Avatar
    Its so fun to make a trip with people that are fun to be around. Great group you always have with you! 22:11 is my next guess.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast