Rust Remover Solution?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
What do you fellows use to soak rusty things in, like tools, parts, etc? I know there are products for that, but I don’t know any names.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I saw a guy on youtube that used electricity and a bucket and it was crazy how well it performed. I'll try to find the video.

Not the same video, but something like this:

Last edited:
I saw a guy on youtube that used electricity and a bucket and it was crazy how well it performed. I'll try to find the video.

Okay, that was badass!! :thumb:

Science....

Attachments

• 2A496FCF-66EB-4C5B-8A0B-AA95EF1FB26E.jpeg
    2A496FCF-66EB-4C5B-8A0B-AA95EF1FB26E.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 86
Evaporust works pretty well. I’m always salvaging old tools and junk with it. Toss rusty junk in a bucket and cover it over night. Most if not all rust will be at the bottom of the bucket the next day.

My brother has done that with a few things. It’s crazy how well it works.

Evaporust is a good one. I think WD-40 makes one too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Evaporust works pretty well. I’m always salvaging old tools and junk with it. Toss rusty junk in a bucket and cover it over night. Most if not all rust will be at the bottom of the bucket the next day.

I have two Evaporust recommendations, (three if you count a text from a friend), and one vote for possible electrocution. Looks like I may try Evaporust.

Thanks, everyone.

I have two Evaporust recommendations, (three if you count a text from a friend), and one vote for possible electrocution. Looks like I may try Evaporust.

Thanks, everyone.

Might be difficult to electrocute oneself with a nine volt battery...but a seriously good tingling sensation might be welcome...depending upon where of course...

Didn't Hinrich clean up his coilovers using a homemade electrolysis setup a couple years ago? Came out pretty nice IIRC

If it’s just surface rust on things like tools etc. there’s a cheap product called evapo rust you just submerge your junk in and leave it for a day or two. If it’s like rust rust and flaky holes it doesn’t do much.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

You can use vinegar it’s works takes a little while but works. So I guess is how fast do you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom