Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: ROOF TOP TENT : What Should We Get?

Iíve always wondered how wind and rain proof these RTTís are? Anyone ride out really nasty weather in one? (Like the kind of wind and horizontal rain that folds up or soaks 3-season dome tents)
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Iíve always wondered how wind and rain proof these RTTís are? Anyone ride out really nasty weather in one? (Like the kind of wind and horizontal rain that folds up or soaks 3-season dome tents)
    Good question. I'll bet this is where the JB and other clam shell types do much better.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Good question. I'll bet this is where the JB and other clam shell types do much better.
    Honestly, thatís a big deal for me and itís why I keep going back to looking at teardrop style off-road trailers. Itís also why I use a top of the line, 4 season, mountain hardwear tent (even in the summer). As you well know, the high Sierras can be unforgiving. There are few things worse than waking up in the middle of the night to a collapsed tent.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

...There are few things worse than waking up in the middle of the night to a collapsed tent.
    Waking up in the middle of the night to a collapsed tent... and a Bear is giving you a back massage?

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Waking up in the middle of the night to a collapsed tent... and a Bear is giving you a back massage?
    Sounds like you have been camping with Overlander.

ROOF TOP TENT : What Should We Get?

Just looked up Alu-Cab tents thinking they look pretty good and bomb proof. But Jesus Christ they are proud of them. They go for around 4 grand.
    en hopup veritas

Sounds like you have been camping with Overlander.
    Ha! Negative...

JBís are good to 60 mph winds...

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    I love when a product is good enough that customers end up being salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    My mom was a sales person and always said you have to believe in the products you sell. Up until she passed away she would still write letters (not e-mail) to companies she believed in.

Like a vette?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Good one!

Honestly, thatís a big deal for me and itís why I keep going back to looking at teardrop style off-road trailers. Itís also why I use a top of the line, 4 season, mountain hardwear tent (even in the summer). As you well know, the high Sierras can be unforgiving. There are few things worse than waking up in the middle of the night to a collapsed tent.
    Or being soaked from rain run off coming up through the bottom of the tent. We carry "60 second" tents to use at work. They are fine when its dry but when it gets nasty you wake up cold and wet. For years now I've carried an REI half done 2 person tent. I've spent many nights in torrential down pours and woke up nice and dry inside. Also they are smaller so when its cold they hold heat better than the large tents.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    My mom was a sales person and always said you have to believe in the products you sell. Up until she passed away she would still write letters (not e-mail) to companies she believed in.

Good one!

Or being soaked from rain run off coming up through the bottom of the tent. We carry "60 second" tents to use at work. They are fine when its dry but when it gets nasty you wake up cold and wet. For years now I've carried an REI half done 2 person tent. I've spent many nights in torrential down pours and woke up nice and dry inside. Also they are smaller so when its cold they hold heat better than the large tents.
    Small tent is warmer...that is truth.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast