Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ROOF TOP TENT : What Should We Get?

Red face ROOF TOP TENT : What Should We Get?

Okay boys and girls, I'm gonna be honest and say that when it comes to roof top tents, I don't have a clue as to who makes what or why I should by this over that. If any of you have any experience with one, I'd be grateful if you could help school me on what I should be looking for and why. Cost is a factor and so please take that into consideration. Also, whatever we get, it needs to be no longer than the bed of our Gladiator.

Thanks for your help

Check out James Baroud...I’ve owned two, and they are excellent...but they are in the upper end cost wise. Best thing I can say about them is for one...they have a very low profile being a fiberglass clamshell...two, they are the easiest thing to set up; unlatch four latches and the spring up on gas struts, with your sleeping bags, pillows and pads inside already...three, super easy and fast to break down...

Attached Images Attached Images

While I have never owned one (or even used one), it seems like the natural starting place is to decide whether you want the clamshell style Brute runs or the flip over soft top style (like a Tepui).

If you want the former, I'd go with Brute's recommendation because he has experience with the product. If it is the latter, It seems to me that there is a lot more competition in the flip over soft top style these days which hopefully means you can find great quality for a better price than the long-time market participants like Tepui.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

,compact for those Uber rad ascents...

Thanks guys, I really like the idea of the hard or clam shell type but they're on the long side and the bed of the Gladiator is short. We'll be running the EVO bed rack and it sits lower than the cab of the truck so I don't think it's an option for us.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Thanks guys, I really like the idea of the hard or clam shell type but they're on the long side and the bed of the Gladiator is short. We'll be running the EVO bed rack and it sits lower than the cab of the truck so I don't think it's an option for us.
    Tupui has a small clamshell I am looking at for Brute for that very same reason...it only opens from one side like a laptop...

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    That’s pretty sweet

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm no expert, but I have a Freespirit Recreation RTT and love it! It's a few years old now and has held up great. I use the Annex downstairs for the dogs. Mine has aluminum diamond plate floors instead of a plastic composite that some RTT's come with. I've seen things puncture through composite. Also, the type of ladder you have is important. There's two types that I'm aware of, telescoping and sliding. Telescoping let's you fine tune the level and keeps even spacing between the rungs. FB_IMG_1567026858285.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast