Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado help

Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar

Colorado help

I am moving to Colorado at the end of the year! Currently we are planning on moving to Boulder, but since itís been so long since I went to school there, I donít know much about Boulder anymore. I know there are some people who donít care for it and I would love to know how Boulder is today.

We are also considering Longmont and Fort Collins if, we canít make Boulder work. So Iíll take any advice any Colorado folks have on any of these spots. Iíll take it all, the good and the bad.

We are leaving Austin because itís getting way to crowded and itís way to hot here in the summer. I grew up in Austin and canít take what it is now. Plus we want to spend time outdoors in the summer and not hiding in the AC.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone has! I really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Good luck. We stayed overnight in Boulder earlier this summer. Couldn't believe what a shit hole it was... pretty disappointing. Maybe my expectations were way off? Either way, the creepiest thing was the panhandlers with blue circles tattooed on their foreheads. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Good luck. We stayed overnight in Boulder earlier this summer. Couldn't believe what a shit hole it was... pretty disappointing. Maybe my expectations were way off? Either way, the creepiest thing was the panhandlers with blue circles tattooed on their foreheads. WTF?
    I live in Austin so Iím used to crazy weirdo panhandlers. Nothing new here.

Why was it such a shithole to you? What bothered you about it other then the weirdos?

I know I already sent you a bunch of info on this via PM, but in summary, it's an over-priced highly-regulated fantasy land. I lived there for about 12 years and am extremely happy to not live there anymore.

This article sums it up well, lol:

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2014...idni-giordano/

**Read the comments at the end too***
    Last edited by WJCO; 09-10-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

That article was great. lol
    Boulder is a Rocky Mountain San Francisco.
    en hopup veritas

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    That article was great. lol
    Boulder is a Rocky Mountain San Francisco.
    It's always kinda been that way but has sadly gotten even worse in the last ten years.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I know I already sent you a bunch of info on this via PM, but in summary, it's an over-priced highly-regulated fantasy land. I lived there for about 12 years and am extremely happy to not live there anymore.

This article sums it up well, lol:

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2014...idni-giordano/

**Read the comments at the end too***
    Thanks man! And thanks for all the info through the PMs itís helped me a bunch. Have been doing a lot more looking in Longmont and Fort Collins. It sucks Boulder has been ruined it was such a cool place back when I was in school there.

That article is the exact same thing as Austin Texas is! Lol lol Austin is no different and just like that article.

Iím like the only local left in Austin, everyone is from Cali or east coast. Over priced and crowded, shitty place to start a business, beer snobs all over, tons of cyclists because of Captain Jackass Lance Armstrong! Wealthy snobs all over the place thinking they were all the first to discover Austin! Sounds like we are moving to the Austin of Colorado! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Aussie View Post
    That article is the exact same thing as Austin Texas is! Lol lol Austin is no different and just like that article.

Iím like the only local left in Austin, everyone is from Cali or east coast. Over priced and crowded, shitty place to start a business, beer snobs all over, tons of cyclists because of Captain Jackass Lance Armstrong! Wealthy snobs all over the place thinking they were all the first to discover Austin! Sounds like we are moving to the Austin of Colorado! Lol

Dude I hated living in Austin. The homeless situation is so upside down there, I still canít wrap my mind around it. The beer snob thing is real for sure, as well as cold brew coffee and Whole Foods snobs.

Sure is dude, canít take it anymore and Ashley and I are leaving! Austin isnít what it was when I was growing up. To many horrible changes its time to go. But sounds like we are moving to the Austin of Colorado! Iíd love to live in Edwards or Vail or Durango but all those places would be to small for Ashley.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast