Colorado help

hbkid22

I live in FoCo and it’s an amazing place. Boulder is just too expensive and crazy but a fun place to go for a day.

Boulder has awesome access to mountains and trails but would steer clear from living there unless you have $1M for a house. That is the average home price now.

Longmont is also a good place depending where you want to live. I would consider Lafayette or Louisville over Longmont if you want to be in that area.

Only drawback to FoCo is that it is starting to become a mini boulder but it’s not that bad when you have 21 breweries in town!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I live in FoCo and it’s an amazing place. Boulder is just too expensive and crazy but a fun place to go for a day.

Boulder has awesome access to mountains and trails but would steer clear from living there unless you have $1M for a house. That is the average home price now.

Longmont is also a good place depending where you want to live. I would consider Lafayette or Louisville over Longmont if you want to be in that area.

Only drawback to FoCo is that it is starting to become a mini boulder but it’s not that bad when you have 21 breweries in town!

Boulder definitely is fun to VISIT, not live (anymore). Did you end up getting a JT?

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I know I already sent you a bunch of info on this via PM, but in summary, it's an over-priced highly-regulated fantasy land. I lived there for about 12 years and am extremely happy to not live there anymore.

This article sums it up well, lol:

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2014/05/18-truths-about-living-in-boulder-sidni-giordano/

**Read the comments at the end too***

Thanks for that.. I was considering Colorado... Not much point in moving from SoCal to Colorado....

hbkid22

Boulder definitely is fun to VISIT, not live (anymore). Did you end up getting a JT?

No. :(

However seeing the Legend is changing my mind. I really want one but trying to be smart right now about toys. We recently moved to some land and have a few other priorities.

Being a grown up sucks!

jdofmemi

Wow, hard to believe that is in Colorado.

When I grew up in Northwest Colorado, the prairie dog was considered a pest. With a small game hunting license the season on them was year round, with no limit, and it seems like they were the only animal you were not expected to retrieve after the kill.

Ranchers would pay a bounty to kill them on their land, but it was only a dime.

My friends and I would bow hunt them in town, and out of town they were target practice for our big game rifles. We would get them from around 500 yards.

I just can not wrap my mind around "saving" one of the little pests. That makes as much sense to me as not swatting flies and mosquitoes to save them.

boardsurfer

I just can not wrap my mind around "saving" one of the little pests. That makes as much sense to me as not swatting flies and mosquitoes to save them.

I seem to recall an instance a few years ago where city of Denver contracted a company to gas a whole field of them. They were starting to spread a little too much.. plus that whole plague thing. Cheery Creek State Park if I recall.

jdofmemi

I seem to recall an instance a few years ago where city of Denver contracted a company to gas a whole field of them. They were starting to spread a little too much.. plus that whole plague thing. Cheery Creek State Park if I recall.

Glad to hear that. I was worried the whole state had lost it mind.
Maybe it's just a Boulder thing

Angry Aussie

Thanks man. Fort Collins is on our radar if Boulder doesn’t work for us. Should really know where we will end up in a month or so.

Top Bottom