Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil leak from transmission area

Fresh Catch

Oil leak from transmission area

Hey all, this past week I was out wheeling with my Jeep. Went through a mud pit and got stuck...mistake #1 was to play in the mud, #2 was to push in my clutch and try to back up and go forward again . I really thought i had it but didnít. Anyways, after that my clutch was almost non existent for a little bit. Figured it just got wet and after a little bit it finally came back to normal. Tonight I was under the Jeep checking for any damage from the rocks that might have happened. Well to my surprise there was only minimal scrapes. But thatís when I seen oil. It was coming from the little ďwindowĒ at the front of the transmission. I wiped everything down and will check it tomorrow after I drive it, donít have time tonight. Could this be from when I was stuck?? Iím not thinking itís a rear main seal already. Itís a 19í with only 3600 miles on it. Yes 3,600. Didnít buy it to look at hahaha. I checked the engine oil and the dipstick is showing good. Any input or advice? Iím hoping tomorrow after my ride to work itís dry under there and it was just from my mishap.

Take it to the dealer. Warranty fix

Where were you wheeling?

Fresh Catch
    I was down at AOAA

Fresh Catch
    What is the cause though?

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Pictures help.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Fresh Catch
    I was going to take some but didnít think about it until I had it all cleaned off and was back in the house. Itís not a leak thatís leaving a puddle. But it had the bottom of the transmission wet. Coming from the inspection window between he transmission and engine....

Fresh Catch
    414059A3-74C8-40D2-A7D3-BFB2FFF5074A.jpgBF4BADFD-809A-45BC-AC4A-0B0D79DFE4B4.jpg here is where I have oil from. I wiped it all down last night. After my 8 mile drive to work this was what I had. Isnít nowhere near as bad as it was. I only have one little drop from the little rubber boot thing there. But nothing is wet underneath today.. any ideas?

You really should consider just getting this to the dealer. Even if the forum figures out the issue, you're prolonging the inevitable in my opinion. You have a brand new Jeep that has not been abused that is leaking fluids. Dealer issue if you ask me.

Fresh Catch
    I have no problem taking it there. I was just wondering what was the cause.. does this happen normally if you were in my situation? What are they going to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes570 View Post
    I have no problem taking it there. I was just wondering what was the cause.. does this happen normally if you were in my situation? What are they going to fix?
    A transmission leaking fluid on a new vehicle with 3600 miles is definitely NOT normal. I wheel my 18 pretty hard and I have NO leaking anywhere. If I did, I would be calling dealer that very day!
    Who cares what we (forum) think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast