Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket front seats 2dr

Nothing but a Thing desertrunner's Avatar

Aftermarket front seats 2dr

My wife is constantly complaining about the seat in the Jeep (rightfully so the side bolster foam is tore on her side) and I would really love something more comfortable myself.
    I could have swore somewhere that getting aftermarket seats that the brackets required to fit them you lose the tumble function for getting into the back of a 2dr.
    I am having a really hard time finding any information about the base plate functions other than some are listed for a 4dr JK and that's it. Did I somehow fabricate the memory about losing the tumble function or if I were to purchase aftermarket seats the it would depend on the brand and the base plate?
    Or is it just accepting the fact that aftermarket seats in a 2dr I'll just not have as much room to climb in the back?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    12' 2dr Gecko Sport 6 speed
    PR44, ARBs, 4.88s, 35 spline rear, Adams 1350 Front & Rear, Rubi T-case, Rubi sway bar + Evo no limits, Evo armor & skids, 37/13.50" Cooper STT Pro, Evo 2" plush / OME med duty springs

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.
    ***CURRENT DD*** 16' F150

You lose it with the mastercrafts. Do you carry people in the back that often?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    You lose it with the mastercrafts. Do you carry people in the back that often?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Hahaha first mod I did was remove the back seats and they have been in the garage ever since. BUT I don't want to rule out the possibility of ever using them again at some point. If there is a good aftermarket seat that they can still tumble I would be more likely to choose it even if I never use it. But if I'm gonna lose it no matter what.... Well then it's just something I'd like to know before buying seats

PR44, ARBs, 4.88s, 35 spline rear, Adams 1350 Front & Rear, Rubi T-case, Rubi sway bar + Evo no limits, Evo armor & skids, 37/13.50" Cooper STT Pro, Evo 2" plush / OME med duty springs

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.

Curious about seat options that keep the tumble as well. Might ditch the rear seat eventually but would like the option if available
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Curious about seat options that keep the tumble as well. Might ditch the rear seat eventually but would like the option if available
    So I found something on PRPs website listed as a tilt mount.... Says it lifts it maybe it's something similar.
    I honestly don't know what type of mounting brackets are under the stock seats or how these after market brackets work but this may be on the right track Screenshot_20190918-175210_Chrome.jpg

Ok so I called PRP today and they said that the tilt mount is not something that's used in the JK it's a universal mount for any flat surface. But the dude I talked to mentioned that their jeep jk mounts mount on top of the OEM slide and fold track so I should have no issues with losing the fold and tumble function of my seats.
    Good to know so at least the PRP is an option. And I guess any other seat manufacturer that has brackets that bolt to the original seat mount should work to keep that function.

The MasterCraft website specifically says on 2dr JKs it doesn't recommend use on the passenger side due to extensive modifications needed and does not maintain the fold and tumble. So looks like MasterCraft is out for me.

Corbeau JK brackets replaces the entire mounting frame and has their own slider so that won't maintain the tumble feature either.

So far most of this is leading me down the road if PRP

Nothing but a Thing Zstairlessone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Hahaha first mod I did was remove the back seats and they have been in the garage ever since. BUT I don't want to rule out the possibility of ever using them again at some point. If there is a good aftermarket seat that they can still tumble I would be more likely to choose it even if I never use it. But if I'm gonna lose it no matter what.... Well then it's just something I'd like to know before buying seats

Put them in the dumpster and never look back

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Zstairlessone View Post
    Put them in the dumpster and never look back

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Hahaha well my wife and I are young and the possibility of kids is still on the table so can't quite ditch them yet

Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Hahaha well my wife and I are young and the possibility of kids is still on the table so can't quite ditch them yet

You could if you get a four door.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR