Aftermarket front seats 2dr

desertrunner

In addition to the above findings I also figured out both functions of the 2 cables. The cable on the console side is attached to the tumble function lever, the cable on the outside is connected to the slider function. So when the seat is folded all the way forward it can slide forward without using the bar up front and can tumble.

So I guess it's possible that with an aftermarket seat that attaches to the stock track you can slide it with front bar just like the 4dr and then reach under to the tumble lever and still make it tumble if you want.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

mauijim

In addition to the above findings I also figured out both functions of the 2 cables. The cable on the console side is attached to the tumble function lever, the cable on the outside is connected to the slider function. So when the seat is folded all the way forward it can slide forward without using the bar up front and can tumble.

So I guess it's possible that with an aftermarket seat that attaches to the stock track you can slide it with front bar just like the 4dr and then reach under to the tumble lever and still make it tumble if you want.

Nice work.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Do you think it would be possible to "gut" the fold and tumble features?

I really want the Tuffy underseat lock box, but they say it won't work because of the fold and tumble on a 2 door.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I really want the Tuffy underseat lock box, but they say it won't work because of the fold and tumble on a 2 door.

Get a matching seat out of a 4 door and have passengers get in the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

desertrunner

If it's just the cables that are in the way then yeah they are removeable pretty easy but there is a support bar that goes between the slide rails towards the back that rotates while it tumbles. That I do not think would be removeable so it depends on if that is what is in the way

If it's just the cables that are in the way then yeah they are removeable pretty easy but there is a support bar that goes between the slide rails towards the back that rotates while it tumbles. That I do not think would be removeable so it depends on if that is what is in the way

Thanks for the insight. A local is selling a Tuffy box for $40, I might roll the dice and try to see how it mounta and what's in the way.

Top Bottom