Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: JL / JT Experience 2019 Mega Thread

The 2019 JT/JL Experience is a run where owners and manufacturers figure out what works and what doesn’t. Thanks for putting your new rides on the line so we can learn.
    My other Jeep....Is a Jeep

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    The 2019 JT/JL Experience is a run where owners and manufacturers figure out what works and what doesn’t. Thanks for putting your new rides on the line so we can learn.
    This^^^ well said. People in the off-road community often forget that these events, while a lot of fun are also a big T&E for manufacturers to grow and improve.

I too run a VR10s and while it’s worked great in terms of always working, its slow and I’ve had to get creative with some pulls because it is underpowered. It’s also a good place to expose shitty craftsmanship and fabrication. Case in point the DCD welds failing because well... they’re weren’t welds lol.

Carnage and mayhem and rtv??? WTF!

But did they use the right stuff?
    1015274866555b0b98bfba598.jpg
    I've never done it but I'm sure i'll be good at it

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    A lot of carnage yesterday especially when it comes to tail lights. I think there may have been as many as 7 that were taken out. Of course, we hit the side of our bed and Synergy took out their hard top. Ara was giving it hell and tore off his rear EVO long arm brackets of which, we found that DCD, the shop who welded them on used RTV in places that they had a hard time reaching. Frickin ridiculous!!

Other than that, I’m happy to say all is well and everyone is having a great time. The obstacles are tough here for sure and if only because everything is so slick and requires a lot of skinny pedal and then there are tight trees everywhere just to kick things up a notch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    That is mind boggling, that a supposedly reputable shop would risk their name and reputation by pulling something so shady.

I need a toilet flush emoji, as that is the sound of their reputation.

There are 10k winches and then there are REAL 10,000 lb rated winches. I have to say that I am super unimpressed with the WARN VR 10s. While the one Mel has never gave out, it struggles to all hell to get anything done. Mel has even resorted to letting line out almost to the drum to give it the most pulling power and is still having to resort to using a snatch block to get it to do anything. All the other ZEON winches including 9.5s have been working great.

The low dollar Warns are better than any of the other made in China winches, but still not even close to the real deal, like a ZEON, M, or XD.

Reading up on them, they will pull the rated 10K, but very slowly, only on the first layer. Each layer looses far more power and speed that the ZEON series.

Worse yet, the cool looking new VRs, with the housing that looks like a ZEON, are even weaker and slower than the original VR series.

I would be on DCD like stink on shit. That is unbelievably dangerous, and I hope news of this “install” travels fast and puts them out of business. I also hope Mel stops selling to them.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I would be on DCD like stink on shit. That is unbelievably dangerous, and I hope news of this “install” travels fast and puts them out of business. I also hope Mel stops selling to them.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Right? Scary shit. I hope they took photos.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    please tell me some one took photos of the silicone in there before it was repaired.
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

Knows a Thing or Two Clearskies's Avatar
    There are 10k winches and then there are REAL 10,000 lb rated winches. I have to say that I am super unimpressed with the WARN VR 10s. While the one Mel has never gave out, it struggles to all hell to get anything done. Mel has even resorted to letting line out almost to the drum to give it the most pulling power and is still having to resort to using a snatch block to get it to do anything. All the other ZEON winches including 9.5s have been working great.

Good to hear I made the right choice

Knows a Thing or Two Clearskies's Avatar
    If you can believe it, they actually tried to create what looked like beads too. It was scary to see.

Sonofabitch... Just had them do some welding for me... I hope they did the welding I paid for

Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast