Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: DANA Ultimate UD60 TORTURE TESTED & PROVEN on the JL / JT Experience

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Just my opinion which may not mean anything. I think Bubbas break was simply a bad joint. It happens. The downer was no replacement shafts available. Offering to ship an entire axle assembly sounds great but the labor involved in the swap welding on steering ram bracket etc. vs just replacing the axleshaft is a pain in the ass even when you have a lift and shop like Bubba. For the typical garage mechanic DIY guy it would be far worse. Those axles are heavy as hell and hard to move. So long story short I agree 1 bad joint is no testament to the quality of the axles but they really should have some replacement parts stock
    Exactly, u-joints break, it happens. What I don't get is why Bubba feels the need to be some kind of forum messiah and post up his singular break like it some kind of "common" one and on this thread, one I created to share my experiences with how well they actually held up on all the rigs running them on the JL/JT Experience. From what I've seen, nothing could be further from the truth. Of course, once I pointed that out, he diverts to them having poor customer service and why, because they don't have a part available?? I mean, it'd be one thing for them to not respond to his calls or emails or to tell him to pound sand but instead, they bent over backwards to find a solution for him. Just because it's not the one he would prefer, they DID try to help out in anyway they could! TO ME, that's pretty damn GOOD customer service. Hell, bkac was just talking about how FCA has a national back order on JL batteries for 2-3 months and the most they're telling him to do is wait or buy something else.

With that said, Bubba admits that u-joints fail and he was okay with that. Bubba also admits that Premier DID try to help him out but that he didn't like their solution. Maybe it's just me but I fail to see what or where the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird 11 View Post
    It would be a pain in the ass to swap out the whole thing. I would have had them send it and take what i needed off of it to fix mine before i went with out my jeep for 93 days.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    But there's no reason to swap the whole thing out. All he would need to do is swap out the shafts and Bubba says he could do that in 45 minutes. Also, he only has to wait 93 days because he wasn't happy with getting a whole new and complete axle. And, I get it but it's not like nobody was trying to offer up a timely solution. Again, Bubba admits that u-joints break and he said he's okay with that. He also admits that Premier DID try to help him out. I fail to see how this equals "bad customer service", especially from Dana Spicer and to the point where it needed to be posted up here on my thread talking about how well they really did perform on the JL/JT Experience.

Been Around the Block Jaybird 11's Avatar
    Yeah i see what your saying I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    But there's no reason to swap the whole thing out. All he would need to do is swap out the shafts and Bubba says he could do that in 45 minutes. Also, he only has to wait 93 days because he wasn't happy with getting a whole new and complete axle. And, I get it but it's not like nobody was trying to offer up a timely solution. Again, Bubba admits that u-joints break and he said he's okay with that. He also admits that Premier DID try to help him out. I fail to see how this equals "bad customer service", especially from Dana Spicer and to the point where it needed to be posted up here on my thread talking about how well they really did perform on the JL/JT Experience.
    Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    I am really glad you put the Dana axles to the test. It’s good see they really stepped it up. That’s not to say I wouldn’t still buy Dynatrac. It’s just interesting to see other products put through the ringer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

It was mentioned briefly in the thread.....the UD44. Obviously the 60 is an upgrade, but is the UD44 anything close to a PR44?
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    I am really glad you put the Dana axles to the test. It’s good see they really stepped it up. That’s not to say I wouldn’t still buy Dynatrac. It’s just interesting to see other products put through the ringer.
    When it comes to well made axles, Dynatrac is a given. All Cindy and I are trying to do is see how something like a UD60 will hold up. So far, we're quite impressed with what we see.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    It was mentioned briefly in the thread.....the UD44. Obviously the 60 is an upgrade, but is the UD44 anything close to a PR44?
    It's better than a factory 44 but probably not quite as stout as a ProRock 44. If there is a downside to the ProRock, it's that it's still more or less a JK axle. The benefit of the Advantek 44 is that it comes with the same thicker ring and pinion as the JL and uses the same shafts. The ProRock 44 will have thicker tubes but honestly, I haven't seen any bending or breaking issues with the Advantek 44.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    I remember trying to take it easy on the throttle because I was worried about it breaking.

That went well. Thank goodness you drive gingerly. 🤪

Back on topic. As you've all seen in our most recent video, here's a shot of Skyjacker giving their UD60's hell with their Hellcat HEMI.

TORTURE-UD60.jpg

I do love the sound of that thing firing up those ledges. The crap tires made for a better show!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    I do love the sound of that thing firing up those ledges. The crap tires made for a better show!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    LOL - definitely made for a good show but I don't think Lonnie was too happy about it

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast