Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Life 9303 DT-1

Nothing but a Thing Mountainjk10's Avatar

Dirty Life 9303 DT-1

Anyone running this wheel from Dirty Life? I may pull the trigger on it because its a dual purpose wheel. They can be a street wheel or a beadlock. Kind of like the Mopar wheel. IMG_3156.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm running the DT-2's on my Crystal Granite Jeep. You can see pics in my build thread for that Jeep, including how I painted the rings and bolts. I'm not sure what the difference is between the 1's and 2's, except maybe just that the 2's come with the plastic street ring and the 1's come with the metal bead lock ring.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I'm running the DT-2's on my Crystal Granite Jeep. You can see pics in my build thread for that Jeep, including how I painted the rings and bolts. I'm not sure what the difference is between the 1's and 2's, except maybe just that the 2's come with the plastic street ring and the 1's come with the metal bead lock ring.
    Im assuming you like them since you bought them. Hows the quality?

Dirty Life 9303 DT-1

So far so good, but Ive only had them for a short time and only on the street. The plastic rings are not thick though and will get trashed off road. I thought they would be much thicker. If I was buying again, Id get the metal rings.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Last edited by Sharkey; 01-23-2020 at 12:44 AM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

So far so good, but Ive only had them for a short time and only on the street. The plastic rings are not thick though and will get trashed off road. I thought they would be much thicker. If was was buying again, Id get the metal rings.

Do you mean the rash rings? Theyre metal?

Dirty Life 9303 DT-1

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainjk10 View Post
    Do you mean the rash rings? Theyre metal?

The simulated beadlock ring that comes with the DT2 is made out of plastic.

Edit: the removable red rings in this picture are plastic, not metal. The metal rings, which can be used as a true bead lock if that is where you seat the tire on the wheel, are something like an extra $100 per ring.

IMG_5465.jpg

Last edited by Sharkey; 01-23-2020 at 12:48 AM.

The simulated beadlock ring that comes with the DT2 is made out of plastic.

Edit: the removable red rings in this picture are plastic, not metal. The metal rings, which can be used as a true bead lock if that is where you seat the tire on the wheel, are something like an extra $100 per ring.

IMG_5465.jpg

Ok, got it. By the way, the beadlock rings are $200 a piece. And did you paint those rings?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainjk10 View Post
    Ok, got it. By the way, the beadlock rings are $200 a piece. And did you paint those rings?

Hmm, I just checked online a saw the machined bead lock rings for $107. In any event, yes, I painted the rings and every individual bolt myself.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Dirty Life Dual-Tek wheels are pretty neat!

Every DT wheel model comes standard with the simulated bead lock ring, which is a polymer type material. Forged bead lock rings are available separately.

As for the DT-1 and DT-2, this is in regards to the applicable rash guard (see images below) which are also available separately. I'll add that the rash guards are made of the same polymer material as the simulated bead lock ring.

DT-1

DT-2

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:

Quote Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
    The Dirty Life Dual-Tek wheels are pretty neat!

Every DT wheel model comes standard with the simulated bead lock ring, which is a polymer type material. Forged bead lock rings are available separately.

As for the DT-1 and DT-2, this is in regards to the applicable rash guard (see images below) which are also available separately. I'll add that the rash guards are made of the same polymer material as the simulated bead lock ring.
    Good to know, thank you. Can the forged bead lock ring be used with the tire on the standard beads (non-bead lock beads)? Or, do you have to switch back and forth between the polymer simulated bead lock ring and the forged bead lock ring depending on where you seat the tire?

I'm curious because if/when my polymer rings get trashed, I may just switch to the forged rings even though I'm running the tires seated in both wheel beads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast