Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LOBSTAH QUEST Part 3 : JL/JT Experience - Mabell Massachusetts

Slippery when wet...and what's with the latest trend of Hellcat's & Chinese tires?; I must have missed the memo. Finally, the Leo Durocher-esque quote of the day..."it's just like the desert, only different"...

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Slippery when wet...and what's with the latest trend of Hellcat's & Chinese tires?; I must have missed the memo. Finally, the Leo Durocher-esque quote of the day..."it's just like the desert, only different"...
    LOL - I know, right?! Drop a hell of a fine and pricey motor under the hood and then run cheap ass china tires - I just don't get it.

23:47 for the win!

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great video! Looks like the UD60 took at least 1 direct hit on a rock. Happy to see it held up!

+1 on the china tires sucking balls, it was painful to see the skyjacker JT having so much trouble on the obstacle.
    Great video overall. 22:35 on the nex one.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo82 View Post
    Great video! Looks like the UD60 took at least 1 direct hit on a rock. Happy to see it held up!
    Oh yeah, hit it hard more than a few times on this trip. Held up great

Quote Originally Posted by jorgelrod View Post
    +1 on the china tires sucking balls, it was painful to see the skyjacker JT having so much trouble on the obstacle.
    Great video overall. 22:35 on the nex one.
    Seeing is believing. Time and time again, these china tires simply wouldn't hook up for nothing. I can't believe people are actually buying them on purpose.

Awesome video! It’s amazing how just a little water completely changes the characteristics of the rocks out here! Also looks like those “influencer” tires were struggling super hard out there!
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Awesome video! It’s amazing how just a little water completely changes the characteristics of the rocks out here! Also looks like those “influencer” tires were struggling super hard out there!
    From what I was told, it's still tough without the rain but the extra water made things super slick. Synergy going up the side on the Gatekeeper was smart because the dirt actually offered more traction LOL.

As far as the china tires go, you just can't make that shit up. I get that influencers need to church them up and try to convince people they're good but seeing is believing - they down right SUCK when it comes to traction. This is of course nothing to say about how difficult they are to balance, how the tread cups and how quickly they wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Oh yeah, hit it hard more than a few times on this trip. Held up great

Seeing is believing. Time and time again, these china tires simply wouldn't hook up for nothing. I can't believe people are actually buying them on purpose.
    I felt bad for Skyjacker. I wanted to reach through my monitor and give him a push...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast