Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Mod - Edelbrock Suoercharger or Rear Dana 60

Fresh Catch

Next Mod - Edelbrock Suoercharger or Rear Dana 60

I have a 2016 2dr JK: 3.5 Clayton long arms, Dana Ultimate 44 up front, stock Dana 44 in rear with upgraded chrome moly axle And AEV diff cover, diff skids, lots of skids, Falcon shocks, beadlocks, 38” tires, poison spyder frame mounted rock sliders, Teraflex big brakes w/dual pistons, upgraded knuckles, steer smarts steering, 4.88 gears, driveshafts, and I probably forget other upgrades.

What I would welcome your thoughts on is my next mod. At first I was going to do an Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, but I just broke the rear chrome moly axle. It’s under warranty and is scheduled to get replaced, but was thinking maybe skip the Edelbrock for now and get Dana 60 in the rear. Thoughts? Also can you do a Dana 60 in the rear and keep the Dana Ultimate 44 in the front?

Thanks!

Honestly, if it were me, I would skip the supercharger and get the UD60. Even if you were to get what you have fixed under warranty, your odds of breaking it again will always be there. Also, I'm no fan of superchargers and personally, think they're a waste of money. If anything, save up for real power as in, a motor swap.

Welcome to Wayalife
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Eddies right, skip the super charger and get the rear UD 60. While your doing that, go to 5:13s. That’ll be a great setup on 38s on a two door.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

It would have to be semi float to match the front. Or you would have to run spacers in the front to get the same lug pattern. Full float is 5x5.5.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    It would have to be semi float to match the front. Or you would have to run spacers in the front to get the same lug pattern. Full float is 5x5.5.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Not to mention new wheels. If going that far, get a FF eight lug 60 in back and do the Teraflex conversion in front.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Not to mention new wheels. If going that far, get a FF eight lug 60 in back and do the Teraflex conversion in front.

Bingo. You'd also gain lock out hubs in this scenario.

What is making you think you need more power? I've driven my Jeep in every part of PA and I've never been anywhere that I came up short on power. The only place I felt the need for more ponies was driving through Colorado on I-70. But then pretty much everyone else feels that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post

THis ^^^^^^^

Knows a Thing or Two Seahawkfan's Avatar
    I'm going to go out on a ledge here and call TROLL. Kinda like the Sponsor Troll. To coincidental. If I'm wrong my apologies and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCols View Post
    I have a 2016 2dr JK: 3.5 Clayton long arms, Dana Ultimate 44 up front, stock Dana 44 in rear with upgraded chrome moly axle And AEV diff cover, diff skids, lots of skids, Falcon shocks, beadlocks, 38” tires, poison spyder frame mounted rock sliders, Teraflex big brakes w/dual pistons, upgraded knuckles, steer smarts steering, 4.88 gears, driveshafts, and I probably forget other upgrades.

What I would welcome your thoughts on is my next mod. At first I was going to do an Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, but I just broke the rear chrome moly axle. It’s under warranty and is scheduled to get replaced, but was thinking maybe skip the Edelbrock for now and get Dana 60 in the rear. Thoughts? Also can you do a Dana 60 in the rear and keep the Dana Ultimate 44 in the front?

Thanks!
    Supercharging a stock engine is stupid and you will blow your engine sooner rather than later. A stock engine is not made for the additional stresses. If you're looking for honest feedback, get the D60 and then save for an engine swap.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast