Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Down Tool

Quote Originally Posted by bhaner View Post
    I have this one: It works great!

https://amzn.to/2QAZGK7
    The original is still the best, but others have come up with their version of the very same thing. I think Currie is the latest to launch one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Another vote for the ARB tool. I've let many other people use our on trips and they show up with one of their own on a later trip.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two Clearskies's Avatar
    I've always used the Staun deflators https://www.amazon.com/Staun-Automat...51621102&psc=1
    but I may try the ARB.. Just because

Quote Originally Posted by Clearskies View Post
    I've always used the Staun deflators https://www.amazon.com/Staun-Automat...51621102&psc=1
    but I may try the ARB.. Just because
    The Stain are good, but the knock offs are hit and miss. I bought a set of the cheaper ones and was disappointed. I could not get them to hold a consistent setting below about 15 psi.

The real ones work good, and allow you time to roam around and talk to people instead of going from tire to tire trying not to let out too much.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    The Stain are good, but the knock offs are hit and miss. I bought a set of the cheaper ones and was disappointed. I could not get them to hold a consistent setting below about 15 psi.

The real ones work good, and allow you time to roam around and talk to people instead of going from tire to tire trying not to let out too much.
    I think it was you that caused me to let too much air out because you were talking!!! Ha!

I have something similar to the JT brooks deflators. Got them years ago from Rausch creek. Some off brand but same concept. Set the pressure you want to air down to and forget about it. They automatically stop when they get to that setting

J.T. Brooks Automatic Tire Deflators, Set of 4 (ATD4) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016ILIN6C..._iaE3Db74KH4AA
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

I had a set of knock off stauns for a while. They worked ok but would come loose and the pressure setting would get screwed up. A friend gave me his old set of real stauns, which I used for a while. They’re definitely better but have the same issue. I recently got the JK innovations 4 wheel kit. Although I’ve only used it for one multi day trip so far, it seems awesome for airing down and up. Especially the latter. No more squatting by each wheel to fill up. Just attach the four lines and go chit chat with your buddies while all four tires fill up. Money well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I had a set of knock off stauns for a while. They worked ok but would come loose and the pressure setting would get screwed up. A friend gave me his old set of real stauns, which I used for a while. They’re definitely better but have the same issue. I recently got the JK innovations 4 wheel kit. Although I’ve only used it for one multi day trip so far, it seems awesome for airing down and up. Especially the latter. No more squatting by each wheel to fill up. Just attach the four lines and go chit chat with your buddies while all four tires fill up. Money well spent.

I've been looking at that kit. Quality up to par?

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I've been looking at that kit. Quality up to par?
    Yes the quality is good. No complaints at all. It’s all plastic, not brass, but it seems like it will hold up well. Time will tell.

I have the same setup. I'm quite happy with it. Pressure is self balancing between tires so they all deflate / inflate exactly the same. A bit slower to deflate on a per tire basis than the ARB style since the valve stem isn't loosened, but you more than make up the time by doing 4 tire simultaneously.
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast