Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal or no deal?

Nothing but a Thing nmwranglerx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jk Jeep Geek View Post
    Are the majority of the lightly used JLUs 2018? Im constantly on car gurus looking at jeeps for sale and I notice a bunch of 18ís for sale with a range of anywhere from 5 to 10k miles on them. As an owner of a 2018 JLU bought new and had the death wobble start at 3500 miles my theory is most of the jeeps I see for sale, that year, and with that low mile range, are ones that owners experienced the death wobble early on and either out of sheer dissatisfaction or they couldnít get the problem fixed just got out of them ASAP. Just a theory

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Interesting theory. What Iím seeing is kind of a mix betweení18 and Ď19. Thereís just a hell of a lot of used jeeps on the lots right now and with the JT out as well, I think our Albuquerque market is a little saturated with wranglers. Iím going to test out just how bad they want to get rid of one, lol. Iím trying to talk the wife into going for some test rides today. I started out by making her breakfast hee hee.

"all roads lead somewhere" -anonymous

Deal or no deal?

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Once you drive one, you WILL be hooked.

This is why Iím a little scared to take one for a test ride. I have a feeling, it will be a done deal.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by nmwranglerx View Post
    Interesting theory. What Iím seeing is kind of a mix betweení18 and Ď19. Thereís just a hell of a lot of used jeeps on the lots right now and with the JT out as well, I think our Albuquerque market is a little saturated with wranglers. Iím going to test out just how bad they want to get rid of one, lol. Iím trying to talk the wife into going for some test rides today. I started out by making her breakfast hee hee.

Good luck and happy Jeep shopping!

Deal or no deal?

So....I went and test drove a 2018 sport JLU auto and all I can say is wow.... such a difference from my 3.8 JKU. The actual price was 33k but the Jeep had just under 3k miles on it. Iím tempted to jump on this deal but not sure if I want a sport or save a little more for a rubi. I just canít say enough good stuff about that 8 speed auto. Mind you, Iím coming from the 3.8 4 speed, so itís quite a big difference. Anyhow, hereís a shot of the JLU we test drive today. Thanks for all the suggestions and responses.

IMG_4863.jpg

LOL - a test drive is all you need to see the light! Like I said, I wouldnít give it a second thought. If you can afford it, Rubicon is the way to go - at least, in my opinion anyway

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

So....I went and test drove a 2018 sport JLU auto and all I can say is wow.... such a difference from my 3.8 JKU. The actual price was 33k but the Jeep had just under 3k miles on it. Iím tempted to jump on this deal but not sure if I want a sport or save a little more for a rubi. I just canít say enough good stuff about that 8 speed auto. Mind you, Iím coming from the 3.8 4 speed, so itís quite a big difference. Anyhow, hereís a shot of the JLU we test drive today. Thanks for all the suggestions and responses.

IMG_4863.jpg

I drive several JLís at the shop but never really fell in love with the new platform, that is until I got my JT. If it wasnít so good I wouldnít be considering selling the JK. Also, if you plan on building it up for 37ís, donít get a sport. The whole D35/D30 will only end up costing you more money down the road. Go Rubicon, weld a truss over the FAD, throw a 2Ē lift on it, and youíre good for 37ís.

I also donít advocate putting a V8 in the JK just because it may seem ďcheaperĒ than buying a JL. Thatís like saying you saved $1,500 on Black Friday spending $3,000 on shit you didnít need in the first place.

But if you do, call me

I could be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure all Sports come with a 3.45 gear ratio whereas the Rubicon trim comes with 4.10s. Just something else to keep in mind.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Iíd definitely go with a Rubicon.

The best car payment is no car payment. Seeing how your JK is paid off I would just throw your money at building it to how you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&Waffles View Post
    The best car payment is no car payment. Seeing how your JK is paid off I would just throw your money at building it to how you want it.
    Damn you, voice of reason. Whyíd you have to show up? Right you are regarding the payments, theyíre no fun and I am reluctant to get back into payments. My issue with the current Jeep is that we like to drive (sometimes long distances) to our wheeling destinations and with the high desert mountainous terrain the 3.8 really makes it unpleasant. If I trailered the Jeep, it wouldnít be an issue, as it has adequate power on the trails but we donít want to go that route for a number of other reasons.
    So, Iím either going to drop $25k for a V8 in a 13 year old Jeep and then another $15k+ on axles to handle that V8 or get a lightly used JL (thinking Rubi now) put a two inch lift on it and run 37s. I think a good case could be made for either route but I am leaning towards the JL. May the good lord save me from the things I want, lol.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast