Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bucket List Trails in Cali

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post

After rubicon I would probably shoot for a couple shorter day trip type trails. You would need to pick an area though since there is a lot. Do you want to stay near Tahoe? Yosemite? Los Angeles? Bay Area? It would depend.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I’d most likely stay in the Yosemite/ Mammoth area.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rubicon for sure. Then maybe Mojave road. Not hard wheeling, but scenic and a cool adventure. Gonna be hot as hell though.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL - if you only have 7 days to play and Rubicon is a must, please don’t waste your time with Big Bear. No offense intended to fans of Big Bear but really, it can’t hold a candle to anything up in the Sierra’s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Plus CA is big and you'd lose a whole day driving that far. Big bear is fun, but to me it's like an OHV park.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’d rather be on a fire road in the Sierras... than any trail in Big Bear. The scenery is awesome up there.

LOL - if you only have 7 days to play and Rubicon is a must, please don’t waste your time with Big Bear. No offense intended to fans of Big Bear but really, it can’t hold a candle to anything up in the Sierra’s.

Oh no he didn't...... but.........hes right Lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Being that you’d be out in the summer time, anything on Death Valley or the desert might be a no go. But, there are trails out there I would have recommended.

Do they have to be wheeling trails?

We have family about an hour from Joshua Tree. Anything that you’d recommend that way?

Doesn’t have to be wheeling, we love hiking as well.

Thanks you, and everyone else for the input so far. Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    We have family about an hour from Joshua Tree. Anything that you’d recommend that way?

Doesn’t have to be wheeling, we love hiking as well.

Thanks you, and everyone else for the input so far. Appreciate it!
    So, here's the thing, you've got 7 days to play and the Rubicon will take up at least 2 of those days. Depending on when you get to the trailhead and what time you get off of it, you may already be out 3-4 of those days. Is heading down to the Joshua Tree area to visit family a must? If so, that will eat up a day as well and you're essentially out of time. You can still make it work so that you get to see stuff along the way but California is a big state and you need to plan things accordingly.

So, here's the thing, you've got 7 days to play and the Rubicon will take up at least 2 of those days. Depending on when you get to the trailhead and what time you get off of it, you may already be out 3-4 of those days. Is heading down to the Joshua Tree area to visit family a must? If so, that will eat up a day as well and you're essentially out of time. You can still make it work so that you get to see stuff along the way but California is a big state and you need to plan things accordingly.
    Oh, my bad. I assumed JT was near DV. No, I do not want to spend a day just traveling to see family on this trip (if they want to see us, I’ll make them to trek up to see us, haha).

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Oh, my bad. I assumed JT was near DV. No, I do not want to spend a day just traveling to see family on this trip (if they want to see us, I’ll make them to trek up to see us, haha).
    LOL - DV is epic in the summer time and worthy of a visit if only to see how crazy hot it can really get out there. That would definitely be a more realistic place to check out on your trip than JT which is clear down at the bottom of the state.

What I would highly recommend is that on the way down, you make a stop over at Bodie as it really is one of the finest examples of a ghost town anywhere.

If you've never been to Yosemite, that is a must as well. Crowded as all hell but worth seeing at least once.

Like Eddie said if you have time, Yosemite and if Tioga pass is open take that over to Bodie. Or other way around. Bodie is freaking awesome.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast