Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Bucket List Trails in Cali

  1. #21
    Old Timer TrailHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,734
    One of my favorite trail days was a loop I did starting at Bodie... then leaving the backway out of Bodie, ending up more north on the 395... then cutting back in on the opposite side of Bodie and finishing off at Virginia Lakes... Nothing hard.. but it was a beautiful day.. stopping for lunch and just to take in the views along the way... PM me if you want more details.

    IMG_2094.JPG

    IMG_2093.JPG

    IMG_2092.JPG

  2. #22
    Old Timer Clutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    STL metro
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    One of my favorite trail days was a loop I did starting at Bodie... then leaving the backway out of Bodie, ending up more north on the 395... then cutting back in on the opposite side of Bodie and finishing off at Virginia Lakes... Nothing hard.. but it was a beautiful day.. stopping for lunch and just to take in the views along the way... PM me if you want more details.

    IMG_2094.JPG

    IMG_2093.JPG

    IMG_2092.JPG
    Thatís great, thanks! You went to Bass Lake a few months ago, is that in the same vicinity?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #23
    Old Timer TrailHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,734

    Bucket List Trails in Cali

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Thatís great, thanks! You went to Bass Lake a few months ago, is that in the same vicinity?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Bass Lake is at the base of Yosemite... Western Sierras... vs Eastern Sierras where Bodie & the 395 are. Let me know if you want to know where that trail is too.... that was a beautiful area.
    Last edited by TrailHunter; 12-02-2019 at 08:05 PM.

  4. #24
    Nothing but a Thing MericaMade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    SoCaL
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    One of my favorite trail days was a loop I did starting at Bodie... then leaving the backway out of Bodie, ending up more north on the 395... then cutting back in on the opposite side of Bodie and finishing off at Virginia Lakes... Nothing hard.. but it was a beautiful day.. stopping for lunch and just to take in the views along the way... PM me if you want more details.

    IMG_2094.JPG

    IMG_2093.JPG

    IMG_2092.JPG
    That's the Ghost Town north of June Lake right? That's a beautiful area. That was the first trail I ever did when I was riding shotgun in my buddies Jeep and what sold me to buy a Jeep.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #25
    Old Timer Clutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    STL metro
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Bass Lake is at the base of Yosemite... Western Sierras... vs Eastern Sierras where Bodie & the 395 are. Let me know if you want to know where that trail is too.... that was a beautiful area.
    Awesome! I feel like I have some great options. I love that area, took a trip out here a few years ago (not in the Jeep) went from LA to Mammoth to Yosemite then down the coast. Canít wait to go back with the Jeep.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #26
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    151
    Well if you plan accordingly there is a fun organized poker run on the Niagara Rim Trail the second Saturday of July. Gorgeous scenery if you drive up Hwy 108 from the east side (Hwy 395). The club hosts a meet and greet a Friday night with tons of free food & beverages for all ages. Great trail day Saturday with a fantastic dinner and raffle following. The Niagara Rim trail is north of Yosemite West of Dardanelle and east of Pinecrest.

    Great time to wheel a new trail with lots of folks to help you out if you need help. Check out 4x4inmotionís website for info.

  7. #27
    Been Around the Block Ruvicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Turlock, CA
    Posts
    336
    If youíre doing the Rubicon, then Iíd recommend Fordyce as itís not too far away, but youíll have to monitor water levels closely. As mentioned earlier, Niagara Rim is further South as is Slickrock. Those last two arenít far from me, so let me know your plans and Iíd try and join you.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #28
    Old Timer Clutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    STL metro
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruvicon View Post
    If youíre doing the Rubicon, then Iíd recommend Fordyce as itís not too far away, but youíll have to monitor water levels closely. As mentioned earlier, Niagara Rim is further South as is Slickrock. Those last two arenít far from me, so let me know your plans and Iíd try and join you.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks! No definite plans are in the works now, but I will certainly let you know. Thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #29
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    31,940
    I would not recommend fordyce on a two door with 35ís. Especially if you have never wheeled out here.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37Ē Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5Ē Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40Ē Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  10. #30
    Old Timer Clutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    STL metro
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    I would not recommend fordyce on a two door with 35ís. Especially if you have never wheeled out here.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    10-4


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hitting the trails in Cali.. so many trails to hit here!
    By monstrojb in forum Jeep Show & Tell
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-09-2018, 02:44 AM
  2. Bucket list
    By Randy Smith in forum Trails & Upcoming Trips
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2017, 12:43 PM
  3. offroad bucket list? maybe the rainforest challange?
    By trailraider in forum General Jeep Stuff
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-20-2015, 03:55 AM
  4. AZ Trails List
    By awinterstale in forum Trails & Upcoming Trips
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-13-2015, 03:33 AM
  5. Looking for some fun trails to run in Cali
    By bldmncj in forum Trails & Upcoming Trips
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 03:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS