Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for secure iPad holder...

Looking for secure iPad holder...

Does anyone here use an iPad or Tablet while off roading? I have a good strong one for iPhone (ioti). Looking to start using iPad for mapping and need something that wont fall off while off roading.

Check out Ram Ball mounts. There are alot of products for mounting electronics because you can't be a real overlander without at least 3 electronic screens pointed directly at your face at all times.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I've never done it but I'm sure i'll be good at it

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRubicon View Post
    Does anyone here use an iPad or Tablet while off roading? I have a good strong one for iPhone (ioti). Looking to start using iPad for mapping and need something that wont fall off while off roading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazbyt View Post
    Check out Ram Ball mounts.
    ^ Yep This. Been really happy with that kind of setup. Here's a picture of mine:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...l=1#post907062
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Or if you have a base radio this is an upgrade. I did this on my '14 and got a wireless iPad to put in the mount.

https://www.carrichs.com/product/tdk616/
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    ^ Yep This. Been really happy with that kind of setup. Here's a picture of mine:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...l=1#post907062

That particular mount looks just like one Akron makes. I do not want it on my pass side floor. Ram does make one for dash but they are bending you over for what they charge. $140. to get started than $99 for iPad mount. They can blow me.

Carolina metal masters makes a 1" ball that replaces the bolt in the passenger grab bar, I have one with a ram mount socket arm and X grip holding my phone. It seems to stay steady, would probably work with a medium sized iPad.

They also have 1" ball mounts for the grab handles on the A Pillar too, I thought I had a discount code I would have given out but it expired on the 1st...

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

Been Around the Block PokerStogey's Avatar

Looking for secure iPad holder...

I have not yet grabbed one for the iPad, but have been using 67designs mounts for awhile now.... solid stuff. Made in the USA so it is a little more pricey but I have have found them to be a far superior mount to the cheaper options I tried previously. Worth looking into IMO

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRubicon View Post
    That particular mount looks just like one Akron makes. I do not want it on my pass side floor. Ram does make one for dash but they are bending you over for what they charge. $140. to get started than $99 for iPad mount. They can blow me.
    Buy once cry once. It mounts the iPad in the most usable location possible and if you use the cellular version you really have no need for the stock radio. It's paid for itself in the 3 years I've had it installed
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

If you change your mind about having a floor mount iPad holder, I have one from RAM for sale for $100

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Buy once cry once. It mounts the iPad in the most usable location possible and if you use the cellular version you really have no need for the stock radio. It's paid for itself in the 3 years I've had it installed
    I appreciate your input. Don't take it personal about my comment. Just typing outloud

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast