Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 4.88s with 40s and 4:1 tcase

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    So you donít wheel hard why are you worried about your transfer case ratio? By the sounds of it you would not even really use 4wd much. Whatís the big hold up? If you need a lower transfer case ratio you need bigger axles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    This^ and also why would you even go to 40s if you donít wheel hard.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Iím already dreading the thought of driving around on 35ís with the 3.73 gears my 2017 JKUR came with. I will likely regear to 4.88ís.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Been Around the Block Braxtonsag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    So you donít wheel hard why are you worried about your transfer case ratio? By the sounds of it you would not even really use 4wd much. Whatís the big hold up? If you need a lower transfer case ratio you need bigger axles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Yeah I wouldnít upgrade the tcase same time, that would be an after thought depending on how trash 4low felt. I do want to keep it useable so it would just depend whether I moved to 5.13s or not. At 5.13 I think my sport case would be fine but donít really know on the 4.88s. I know when I swapped to 37s, the week I drove it before it got regeared on the 3.21s I damn near couldíve drove in 4 low on the highway lol. Wanting to avoid that

Quote Originally Posted by Jkzinger View Post
    This^ and also why would you even go to 40s if you donít wheel hard.

Ground clearance and extra sidewall mainly, the extra tire would be nice as well to fill in the rest of my wheel gap. I donít need them by any means, just a want

Just stick with 37ís, it doesnít sound like you need 40ís... there is nothing you will do with 40ís that you canít do with 37ís if you donít wheel hard. I wouldnít even think about 40ís if you canít do it properly, gearing and steering will suck with what you have planned

Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    Just stick with 37ís, it doesnít sound like you need 40ís... there is nothing you will do with 40ís that you canít do with 37ís if you donít wheel hard. I wouldnít even think about 40ís if you canít do it properly, gearing and steering will suck with what you have planned

Couldnít agree with you more. But I think heís doing it for as much as the way it looks on 40s verses being able to run them as you do and I will. Different mindset I guess

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    Just stick with 37’s, it doesn’t sound like you need 40’s... there is nothing you will do with 40’s that you can’t do with 37’s if you don’t wheel hard. I wouldn’t even think about 40’s if you can’t do it properly, gearing and steering will suck with what you have planned

I literally just said I don’t need them lol my 38s are plenty. It’s just something I want to try. I know it’s not ideal, but I’m fairly certain if I can make 37s last on a dana 30 for 2 years all across the country, I’ll probably be fine with 44s and 40s. It’s not that I feel limited by my 38s whatsoever. Wjt partially nailed it
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Couldn’t agree with you more. But I think he’s doing it for as much as the way it looks on 40s verses being able to run them as you do and I will. Different mindset I guess

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    You’re 75% correct. By no means do I need them, but if I can roll over small obstacles easier and in turn keep my wife less shitty and gain myself an extra hour of playing when we go out west then it’s worth it. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Braxtonsag View Post
    I literally just said I donít need them lol my 38s are plenty. Itís just something I want to try. I know itís not ideal, but Iím fairly certain if I can make 37s last on a dana 30 for 2 years all across the country, Iíll probably be fine with 44s and 40s. Itís not that I feel limited by my 38s whatsoever. Wjt partially nailed it

Youíre 75% correct. By no means do I need them, but if I can roll over small obstacles easier and in turn keep my wife less shitty and gain myself an extra hour of playing when we go out west then itís worth it. Lol
    You know 42ís are the new 40ís...

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    You know 42ís are the new 40ís...
    Iím good lol I still gotta travel the country in this thing

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Iím already dreading the thought of driving around on 35ís with the 3.73 gears my 2017 JKUR came with. I will likely regear to 4.88ís.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    That would suck. Iím not liking 34s with 4.10s

Just leave the wife in the kitchen where they belong!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast