Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New JTR day!

Been Around the Block Sithwindu's Avatar

New JTR day!

So while it was tough to do, I pulled the trigger on trading in my 2013 gecko jku sport for a 2020 billet silver JTR!! Have a lot of good times in my Jk but super excited to start this new build! Jeeping has taken a back seat for the last few years, didnít get to do much wheeling, was able to attend the jeep experience in Texas every year and thatís about it. But I have found new life and am reinvigorated to start this new build!! Meet Reinhardt (think this is the name Iím going with!)
    IMG_6293.JPG
    IMG_6253.jpg

Though I have a lot of questions on this new gladiator. What is a good height for them now? I seemed to have had no problem with my JK on 2.5 lift and 37ís but the longer wheel base makes me a little hesitant to run such a short lift. Would a 4.5 evo be a good route to go for 37ís?

I learned a lot from my time with the JK and gonna try to build this gladiator better. With plans for traveling more then anything. Living in south Texas leaves much to be desired scenically with plans to hit Colorado in July! (Black bear pass on the bucket list!)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Nice rig congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Sithwindu View Post

Though I have a lot of questions on this new gladiator. What is a good height for them now? I seemed to have had no problem with my JK on 2.5 lift and 37ís but the longer wheel base makes me a little hesitant to run such a short lift. Would a 4.5 evo be a good route to go for 37ís?
    Congrats. Looks great. Piginajeep and Highoctane both have Rubicons and did the EVO 2.5 inch lift for 37s and it looks good. Hichoctane's is the same color as yours as well:

IMG_5987.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

If you haven't already watched Eddie and Cindy's JLX/JTX videos, I think most of the guys running 40s were running at least 6 inches of lift ( I could be wrong) and they were still scraping on the belly in some spots. I guess it also depends on how you're going to use it.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Awesome upgrade! Congrats! Youíll love the new platform!

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Congrats. Looks great. Piginajeep and Highoctane both have Rubicons and did the EVO 2.5 inch lift for 37s and it looks good. Hichoctane's is the same color as yours as well:

IMG_5987.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

If you haven't already watched Eddie and Cindy's JLX/JTX videos, I think most of the guys running 40s were running at least 6 inches of lift ( I could be wrong) and they were still scraping on the belly in some spots. I guess it also depends on how you're going to use it.
    I love all their videos!!

And both those rigs looks sweet!!! As much as Iíd like to think I would be doing rowdy obstacles and trails Iíd be kidding myself. But Iíd also like to be prepared just in case. But maybe I might just stick with a 2.5? Itís manly for daily driving and work more then anything but I wanna travel more and hit some nice trails with Rubicon trail and moab on a bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    Awesome upgrade! Congrats! Youíll love the new platform!

Thanks! Itís already been about 4 days and Iím straight up in love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rst8rox View Post
    Nice rig congrats!!

Thank you! Iím stoked for this build!

Congrats on the upgrade, looking fwd to seeing what you do with it. I personally think the 2.5 looks awesome with 37s

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Awesome and congratulations to you!!

As it's been mentioned, 2.5" will get you up on 37's and will give you a nice setup to have some fun. If you're wanting to play hard, 40's is what you'd want and even at that, you'll be dragging your belly at anything less that 6" of lift. When we did the JL/JT Experience, we had our coilovers set at about 4" of lift and we could really feel it.

Can't wait to see what you do with your new truck

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Awesome and congratulations to you!!

As it's been mentioned, 2.5" will get you up on 37's and will give you a nice setup to have some fun. If you're wanting to play hard, 40's is what you'd want and even at that, you'll be dragging your belly at anything less that 6" of lift. When we did the JL/JT Experience, we had our coilovers set at about 4" of lift and we could really feel it.

Can't wait to see what you do with your new truck
    Thanks!!! As much as Iíd really love to run 40ís Iím a little worried about throwing them under the jeep with the stock axles, and more worried about the wheel bearings and ball joints more then anything. (Seeing as how my job requires a lot of driving with some road pot holes rivaling king of the hammers obstacles lol)

Iíd be lucky to get the truck out 4 times a year but the goal is at least do out of state once a year.

There are two fun parks near me (k2 in Mason Texas and hidden falls in marbel falls texas)but I wanna get out of state more and see more national parks and mountains and gear up for that. Big decisions to make soon! Iíll look at the 2.5 lift options!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast