Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RUGGED RIDGE Jeep JL Wrangler / JT Gladiator Truck AmFib SNORKEL

RUGGED RIDGE Jeep JL Wrangler / JT Gladiator Truck AmFib SNORKEL

Can't be a true overlander if you don't look the part and so I'm happy to say, Cindy and I finally got around to installing the AmFib Snorkel that Rugged Ridge sent us! Of course, we had to put it on our Jeep JT Gladiator and I have to say... I kinda like it. If anything, I'm having a hard time deciding whether to keep the high mount setup or just run it as a low mount - which I should say looks really clean and very factory. I'll post pics of both setups so please let me know what you think.

High Mount Setup

Low Mount Setup

Under the Hood Shots

So... what do you think?

The low mount is so good looking

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks like it's easy to swap in the High one if you need it.... The Low Mount looks clean.

That looks really good!

Both look good but the low mount looks a tad bit better.

I like em but I think I like the low mount better. Is there any kind of pre filter or anything for the high mount? Seems like it would be sucking in even more dust out there, especially if you’re not the lead vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

It does look like a well engineered product, and I like that it retains the factory filter & airbox but the snorkel look doesn't do it for me. If I have to cross water thats deeper than the stock intake on a lifted jeep i'm turning around and going back out the way I came in.

Low mount gets my vote...

Quote Originally Posted by -AINOKEA- View Post
    I like em but I think I like the low mount better. Is there any kind of pre filter or anything for the high mount? Seems like it would be sucking in even more dust out there, especially if you’re not the lead vehicle.
    Funny you should say as much as a lot of overlander types will tell you that a benefit of having a tall snorkel is that it'll help get the intake up and out of the dust. Some will even post up pics to prove as much but of course, it only works when it's windy out and the dust is blowing in the right direction.

But, to answer your question, there is no pre-filter with this kit but I do know they used to sell one on the JK version. I'd bet it works on this too. Much like the one AEV makes, it just looks like food processor or coffee grinder

Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    It does look like a well engineered product, and I like that it retains the factory filter & airbox but the snorkel look doesn't do it for me. If I have to cross water thats deeper than the stock intake on a lifted jeep i'm turning around and going back out the way I came in.

Low mount gets my vote...
    LOL - I'd have to agree with you here. The base of the low mount sits at about 4-1/2 feet. If I'm fording a river that deep or deeper, I'd have a LOT more to worry about than keeping water out of the engine.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast