Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RUGGED RIDGE Jeep JL Wrangler / JT Gladiator Truck AmFib SNORKEL

Did you install the snorkel just to change the appearance, or are you wanting to evaluate its performance in some way? I ask because It sounds like you're skeptical of many of the advertised benefits of snorkels, and that you won't be driving through water deep enough to consider using one anyway. If it's for the appearance, i think you'll get more attention from the low profile snorkel, just because it's less common.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I like the looks of the low mount since it’s different. Seems to be a pretty well thought out design.

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Forgive me as I didn’t ask my question very well.

I rewatched the install video and I must of been distracted during the whole removal of the air box and ambient air duct. I didn’t realize that the air intake was so low as compared to the JK. Now I see that the low mount option moves the air intake up a lot and agree that it look really good on your truck. Again, sorry for the confusing question!
    LOL - it's all good. I genuinely wasn't sure what you didn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Woodsman View Post
    Did you install the snorkel just to change the appearance, or are you wanting to evaluate its performance in some way? I ask because It sounds like you're skeptical of many of the advertised benefits of snorkels, and that you won't be driving through water deep enough to consider using one anyway. If it's for the appearance, i think you'll get more attention from the low profile snorkel, just because it's less common.
    LOL - I installed it because it's what a lot of people were interested in at SEMA and truth be told, thought it would help complete our overlander look.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    I like the looks of the low mount since it’s different. Seems to be a pretty well thought out design.

More than the JK one they came out with years ago, this snorkel was really well thought out. Granted, the JL design really helped to make that possible.

The low mount would be my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MattAlpha View Post
    The low mount would be my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    It's what we're running right now and I have to say, I like it a lot.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456