JKHR - Black JK Build Thread #3

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I guess I’ll start a build thread though I’m ballin on a budget. This will be my 3rd JK build and 4th Jeep build.

Jeep #1 93 YJ w/ 6” Lift & 37s (high quality disposable camera pic for people old enough to know what that is...)
Adjustments.JPG

Jeep #2 07 JKU Sahara w/ 3” Lift & 35s
Adjustments.JPG

Jeep#3 15 JKU Willys w/ 2.5” Lift & 37s
Adjustments.JPG

...and now 17 JK Hard Rock
Adjustments.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Build started with the basic end cap removal
Adjustments.jpg

Then came the winch install
IMG_1013.jpg Adjustments.JPG

Wednesday I picked up some low mileage dirt cheap wheels/tires to allow me to sell the stock set before they get Rock rashed
IMG_1158.jpg

And today I got some parts from brown Santa for a lil boost until I can piece together a legit suspension.
IMG_1171.jpg

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Looking good! Whats up first?

40s, 60s, & COs - oh wait, that’s you... ;(

This build is kinda gonna suck since last time I had a garage full of parts that I pulled off my 07 before I traded it in.

With the funds from selling the stock HR wheels tires, I’m aiming to get:

Evo oil pan skid
Evo Tranny skid
Rancho stab relocation bracket
Evo Rockstar skids
Poison Spyder Diff Covers
Evo FR LCA skids
Evo C Gussets

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I have a set of 2.5” RK springs sitting here which may be better for a 2 door. I will also have a pair lower front RK arms too.

bmkrinne

Nice looking Jeep!

I just took off my AEV 2.5” springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks and bump stops that would go nicely on your 2 dr. I’m a little far south though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I'm gonna have a set of 3.5" RK springs available in a few months if you want 'em.

Thanks for the offer Jerry, that’s very kind but I’ll be aiming for 2.5” w/ chopped flares again.

I have a set of 2.5” RK springs sitting here which may be better for a 2 door. I will also have a pair lower front RK arms too.

I ran the 2.5” triple rates on my last JKU and I really liked them. Those will def be the springs that will end up on this one.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Umm, I think we need to hear the story with this one before we focus on the new Jeep.

View attachment 340186

It’s really not an exciting story. I was driving 55mph in the passing lane on a two lane highway. A motorist must not have seen me in their blind spot from the slow lane and started coming right at me.

Unfortunately out of instinct, I swerved so they did not hit me. I ended up getting into some loose gravel on the shoulder. From there, my Jeep spun around 180 degrees and some how didn’t roll. But as the Jeep was slowing, it clipped a guardrail and flipped right over it.

I ended up parked upside down. The insurance company totaled the YJ but I bought it back and had it back on the road in a couple months. The worst part was seeing my baby destroyed, then receiving a ticket and points for not staying in my lane....

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I can’t keep up with the way everyone is upgrading on here so I went the other way....

Downgraded to some rusty cheap steelies today.

They’re not pretty but they could make a nice placeholder for the winter months if beadlocks turn out to be in my future 🤞🏼.

Adjustments.JPG IMG_1199.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1218.jpg
    IMG_1218.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 135
Top Bottom