Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (Help) Amfib snorkel + AFE cold air intake ?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRubicon View Post
    I just don't get the snorkel thing.. I don't think it looks cool at all. Jeeps aren't made to drive through enough water to even need a snorkel. I sure as hell will 'drive around' if water that deep. I saw a old Nissan Sentra the other day with a snorkel on. What a fn douche bag.
    They also filter out dust depending on how you have it set up.

Running trails up here in northern Michigan, long water crossings are normal with out by passes, having the snorkel adds a level of comfort when you first put your down into the hole that you are not sucking water into that low intake. The upper cowl intake is better, but a high intake is best. Is it right for everyone, no, but if you leading groups through water crossings, it adds a nice level of security.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

I just don't get the snorkel thing.. I don't think it looks cool at all. Jeeps aren't made to drive through enough water to even need a snorkel. I sure as hell will 'drive around' if water that deep. I saw a old Nissan Sentra the other day with a snorkel on. What a fn douche bag.
    Iíll agree, Iím not a fan of them at all. To each their own though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Same could be said for large tires on a Jeep that never leaves pavement. Pointless functionally, but lots of people think it looks cool. Plenty of people do it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    They also filter out dust depending on how you have it set up.

Running trails up here in northern Michigan, long water crossings are normal with out by passes, having the snorkel adds a level of comfort when you first put your down into the hole that you are not sucking water into that low intake. The upper cowl intake is better, but a high intake is best. Is it right for everyone, no, but if you leading groups through water crossings, it adds a nice level of security.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    To each his own I guess. Why not buy a tank? Aren't you worried about the inevitable electrical gremlins?

(Help) Amfib snorkel + AFE cold air intake ?

To each his own I guess. Why not buy a tank? Aren't you worried about the inevitable electrical gremlins?
    Iíve been running those trails in that jeep for 6 years with no issues from water intrusion. Ironically, the only electrical issue Iíve ever had was on top a Mesa in Moab. Completely self inflicted when a wire got pinched when I installed a genesis dual battery tray.

In truth, Iíve only submerged jeep over the hood twice to where it would have flooded a standard intake. And Iíd be happy to never do that again. But when you leading thru a water crossing, itís good to know itís there.

And although it would be fun, I canít drive a tank to work everyday, but I can drive my Jeep. Although it may save some time in traffic

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

All this talk about snorkels and tanks has got me wanting to put a BCD on and get back under water!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12