Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ridge Grapplers for east coast wheeling

Fresh Catch

Ridge Grapplers for east coast wheeling

Iím reading some conflicting reviews on Nitto Ridge Grapplers. A lot of people seem to really like them and them being so quiet is appealing, but then I find some reviews that make me question if Iíd be happy with them. My Jeep sees mostly highway driving, but I do live where we deal with a decent amount of mud on trails. I live pretty close to Windrock Park in Oliver Springs, TN and thatís what most of the wheeling I have nearby is like. I really hope Eddie chimes in because I know heís wheeled side by side with people running Ridge Grapplers and Iím curious how they compare to the Nitto Trail Grappler and Cooper STT Pro off road.

Been Around the Block Cousin Clyde's Avatar
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...idge-Grapplers

This thread mentions good videos where you can see them in action doing some east coast wheeling. Some people here run them. They seem like a great tire. I donít have any personal comparison experiences though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I think this video will help give you a pretty good idea of how they do back in your neck of the woods. It was wet out and the rocks were slick as ever and in spite of it, Synergy was able to work them. Watch at about 8 min in and you'll see how they hooked up well.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I think this video will help give you a pretty good idea of how they do back in your neck of the woods. It was wet out and the rocks were slick as ever and in spite of it, Synergy was able to work them. Watch at about 8 min in and you'll see how they hooked up well.

Thank you. I had just started going through the Lobstah Quest videos. Thanks for getting me to exactly what I wanted to see. Going by that they seem like they would probably do what I need them to. Do you have any idea how they perform in mud and snow? Iím currently running STT Pros but Mopar is running a tire sale and I was quoted $238 per tire for 35/12.50/17 Ridge Grapplers so I thought I may try them. The Trail Grapplers are a similar price. Unfortunately they donít carry Cooper, so I thought for that price Iíd try something new and I keep hearing how quiet the Ridge Grapplers are supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by nodnarb706 View Post
    Thank you. I had just started going through the Lobstah Quest videos. Thanks for getting me to exactly what I wanted to see. Going by that they seem like they would probably do what I need them to. Do you have any idea how they perform in mud and snow? Iím currently running STT Pros but Mopar is running a tire sale and I was quoted $238 per tire for 35/12.50/17 Ridge Grapplers so I thought I may try them. The Trail Grapplers are a similar price. Unfortunately they donít carry Cooper, so I thought for that price Iíd try something new and I keep hearing how quiet the Ridge Grapplers are supposed to be.
    When I wheeled with Ddays last year in the snow the ridge grapplers had tons of grip for how mild of a tire they are compared to the coopers and trail grapplers. Itís the reason I got them for my JL
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by nodnarb706 View Post
    Thanks to all the siping, they perform better than a trail grappler in mud and snow.

I love them on my Ram. Iíve had no complaints with them and have had them for almost 30k. Theyíve been great on the road, snow, mud and for me towing. Canít truly speak for the trail, but they got me in snd out of job sites in the spring mud when most of my guys parked and walked into the site. I will be buying another set when these wear out.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

We're likely going to get a set of these when our Duratracs wear out.
    ďTo secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.Ē

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Fresh Catch
    Thank you. I really appreciate all of the responses. These sound like really great tires.

Fresh Catch
    Can someone tell me the difference between the Nitto Ridge Grappler and Terra Grappler? Which is better for a trail adventure? How do these tires perform on a wet or slippery road?
    Last edited by Marcus Davies; 11-25-2020 at 11:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast