Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JL Warranty: whats allowed and what isnt?

JL Warranty: whats allowed and what isnt?

Welp, my build thread for my JK was short lived.
    Watched one too many JL Journal videos and the wheels started turning on how I can get a new JL. Called up a buddy from Highschool who works at a Jeep dealership and they gave me a great price for the jk, I couldnt resist.

Ive never owned a new vehicle before or one that had any significant amount of factory warranty left on it. Ive looked around a bit online but couldnt find an answer.

Will a 2.5-3.5 inch lift and larger tires void my warranty? Or am I over thinking this? Would it be worth it to ask the dealer, or will they tell me what I want to hear and void it if something big where to happen since it wont be in writing?

Thanks in advance guys!

IMG_0422.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Suspect View Post
    Watched one too many JL Journal videos and the wheels started turning on how I can get a new JL. Called up a buddy from Highschool who works at a Jeep dealership and they gave me a great price for the jk, I couldnt resist.

Ive never owned a new vehicle before or one that had any significant amount of factory warranty left on it. Ive looked around a bit online but couldnt find an answer.

Will a 2.5-3.5 inch lift and larger tires void my warranty? Or am I over thinking this? Would it be worth it to ask the dealer, or will they tell me what I want to hear and void it if something big where to happen since it wont be in writing?

Thanks in advance guys!

IMG_0422.jpg

Congratulations on the new jeep. It really depends on your dealership

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks in advance guys!

IMG_0422.jpg

Congrats on the new JLR!!

It really depends on your dealer. Both dealers near me will still perform warranty work even when lifted. Im sure Mopar has a certain lift and tire size they will warranty till but each dealer can say otherwise
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

JL Warranty: whats allowed and what isnt?

Read the Magnuson Moss Act. If the vehicle didnt leave the factory floor with the part on it, then warranty claims can be denied if the aftermarket part damaged the factory part.

Find a dealership that is modification friendly, and treat the service advisor well. It only takes one douche to flag your vehicle in the Chrysler system.

And if your dealer tells you buying a lift from them (and having them install it) protects your warranty, they are full of shit...even if it is Mopar Performance Part.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Last edited by Sharkey; 01-10-2021 at 10:10 PM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Read the Magnuson Moss Act. If the vehicle didnt leave the factory floor with the part on it, then warranty claims can be denied if the aftermarket part damaged the factory part.

Find a dealership that is modification friendly, and treat the service advisor well. It only takes one douche to flag your vehicle in the Chrysler system.

And if your dealer tells you buying a lift from them (and having them install it), they are full of shit...even if it is Mopar Performance Part.

That^
    And if they tell you that THEIR add on stuff and mopar accessories will not void the warranty get it in writing.

Weve all seen some complete bs of things like oh he put 37s on it and the heated seats broke, well you modified it so its on you.
    But Id say a large percentage of dealers keep it reasonable, you put 37s on and you broke an axle shaft, thats on you. You put on 37s and you have a balance problem in the engine, not related.

But then theres this story of a gladiator with a little mud that they told him to fuck himself so its really anyones guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale72 View Post
    Congratulations on the new jeep. It really depends on your dealership

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Congrats on the new JLR!!

It really depends on your dealer. Both dealers near me will still perform warranty work even when lifted. Im sure Mopar has a certain lift and tire size they will warranty till but each dealer can say otherwise
    Thanks a ton guys, Im gonna take a trip this week down to my local dealer and see what they tell me. Hopefully its good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post

And if your dealer tells you buying a lift from them (and having them install it), they are full of shit...even if it is Mopar Performance Part.

Oof, really? I had seen some stuff online saying if you get the mopar lift and have them install it the warranty wouldnt be affected, that sucks.
    I appreciate the heads up

What kind of mods have you guys gotten away with at the stealership?

Thanks a ton guys, Im gonna take a trip this week down to my local dealer and see what they tell me. Hopefully its good news.

Oof, really? I had seen some stuff online saying if you get the mopar lift and have them install it the warranty wouldnt be affected, that sucks.
    I appreciate the heads up

What kind of mods have you guys gotten away with at the stealership?

I had a friend of mine had the dealership install the Mopar lift and had a problem on a trip and the dealership were he was at won't warranty it

Quote Originally Posted by Dale72 View Post
    I had a friend of mine had the dealership install the Mopar lift and had a problem on a trip and the dealership were he was at won't warranty it

I guess maybe it only works with whichever specific dealer you made that deal with?
    I really prefer complete lifts kits with all 8 control arms etc but if theyre really this ridiculous with voiding warranties I might look at something like the dynatrac enduro sport that I could uninstall really quick at home if something catastrophic happens where I gotta take the Jeep into the dealership.

I guess maybe it only works with whichever specific dealer you made that deal with?
    I really prefer complete lifts kits with all 8 control arms etc but if theyre really this ridiculous with voiding warranties I might look at something like the dynatrac enduro sport that I could uninstall really quick at home if something catastrophic happens where I gotta take the Jeep into the dealership.

Either that or the Rancho 2" lift

It must be an American thing to deny warranty and black list vehicles for mods. When I was working in dealerships here across a number of manufacturers we would do anything under warranty we thought we would get paid for while we had the vehicle. Even if the customer didnt report an issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast