JL Warranty: what’s allowed and what isn’t?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Technicians typically get paid less hours under warranty pay. Along with that, advisors get paid on commission and customer pay rate is usually higher than warranty rate (cost per hour). Sadly, some technicians and advisors use that to their advantage and get more money by making the customer pay.

Same here but blacklisting a vehicle or screwing the customer ain’t going to get you any work moving forward.

Plus if you know you’re way round the book rates and key words for claiming warranty time you can still do pretty well out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
As mentioned its all up go the dealer. Mine is pretty mod friendly. I was on a 3" long arm lift on 35's. I had a leaking axle weak and they replaced if no questions asked. Started leaking again about 6 months later so I took it back. They found the axle shaft had a score in it causing the leak. The replaced the while shaft under warranty. They could have easily blamed the larger tires with less back spacing but didn't. We'll see what happens if I try again under my lifetime warranty...haha

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Same here but blacklisting a vehicle or screwing the customer ain’t going to get you any work moving forward.

Plus if you know you’re way round the book rates and key words for claiming warranty time you can still do pretty well out of it.

On the other side though a lot of these dealers are booked two weeks + out and who wants to do the extra headache for warranty work when there’s other stuff. Not saying it’s right, but is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jeeeep

Hooked
I installed the AEV 2.5" DualSport and 37's on my JL within the 1st 1000 miles, no issues with warranty work including the steering box.

I'm out of warranty now so .... ;)

jesse3638

Hooked
For shits and giggles I looked up my warranty through Mopar vehicle protection. I purchased the lifetime warranty when I bought it new 9 years ago. It shows the expiration date of 2095 and mileage 999999. Well see what happens if I ever need it...haha

Suspect

As mentioned its all up go the dealer. Mine is pretty mod friendly. I was on a 3" long arm lift on 35's. I had a leaking axle weak and they replaced if no questions asked. Started leaking again about 6 months later so I took it back. They found the axle shaft had a score in it causing the leak. The replaced the while shaft under warranty. They could have easily blamed the larger tires with less back spacing but didn't. We'll see what happens if I try again under my lifetime warranty...haha

That’s awesome to hear man, I hope we all have this kind of experience.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Jeep just denied this claim without explanation. On leather claims the dealership has to submit a photo. 2019 with 15k miles. My gladiator did the same thing at 5k miles. They covered my gladiator.
IMG_4321.jpg

Jeep just denied this claim without explanation. On leather claims the dealership has to submit a photo. 2019 with 15k miles. My gladiator did the same thing at 5k miles. They covered my gladiator.
View attachment 357759

That’s a bummer. I’d try again. They replaced mine back in 2012 for the same thing. It took forever to get the skins but they did eventually replace it.

bkac

Caught the Bug
That’s a bummer. I’d try again. They replaced mine back in 2012 for the same thing. It took forever to get the skins but they did eventually replace it.

Yeah I’m going to fight this one. How can they not see thats a seam failure.

Suspect

Yeah I’m going to fight this one. How can they not see thats a seam failure.

Damn that really sucks. I tried to find a 2 door rubi with cloth seats but there was a total of 4 for sale in all of Miami,all with leather seats. I hope you manage to get them to take care of that.

Top Bottom