DsTrack axles on insta

Jack diddly

Anybody else been seeing the DS Track axles on their instagram? I've been seeing it in stop. Guess it's some new company making axles with portals. I've heard people talk about portals, but what's the benefit or down falls of them? I read that portals have gears in them, so I'd assume if something broke in that gear box you'd be dead on the trail until you can get the parts or drag it out. But then again, I don't really know. What are your thoughts on the axles?

Sent from my NX659J using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I saw these as well. Made in Brazil. Castings look a little rough. The knuckles in particular. Too bad they ripped off Dynatrac's font for their logo too. :grayno:
Probably see these showing up on the IG hero builds

Jack diddly

I saw these as well. Made in Brazil. Castings look a little rough. The knuckles in particular. Too bad they ripped off Dynatrac's font for their logo too. :grayno:
Probably see these showing up on the IG hero builds
Hahaha. Good catch. I didn't realize the font. Went back and looked. That's funny. I figured I was seeing the ads cuz I've been looking at Dynatrac axles lately. Then they started following me.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Portal axles give you more clearance under the axles rather than just relying on the tire diameter. Mercedes Uni-mogs have portal solid axles. H1 Hummer's have portals and independent suspension. I've only seen portals on slow speed heavy duty trucks, there's probably a reason for that. I wouldn't trust them in highway going vehicle. The more moving parts the more likely-hood of issues.

I think they're a solution for a problem that doesn't really exist. We aren't getting hung up by the axle tubes as the limited factor when off-roading for the most part.

Jack diddly

Portal axles give you more clearance under the axles rather than just relying on the tire diameter. Mercedes Uni-mogs have portal solid axles. H1 Hummer's have portals and independent suspension. I've only seen portals on slow speed heavy duty trucks, there's probably a reason for that. I wouldn't trust them in highway going vehicle. The more moving parts the more likely-hood of issues.

I think they're a solution for a problem that doesn't really exist. We aren't getting hung up by the axle tubes as the limited factor when off-roading for the most part.
Well said, I can agree with that. I'm still sold on getting some Dynatrac 60/80s soon. After looking more into portals, it's definitely not something I feel I would need or even want.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug

There are some serious fast Ultra 4 cars running portals on ifs/irs suspensions. Not to say they’ve had the best reliability though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Another thing is the added leverage on ball joints or kingpins, due to the drop down at the outer end.

I have seen video of portal ends breaking off on a hard hit.

Like everything else, there is a trade off.
Less stress on differential gears and axle shafts, and higher ground clearance, but more stress in steering gear, and everything on the outer end, plus another set of gears to worry about.

Portals as a whole are cool as shit. But they’re not a slap on part for axles on a barn build, they require engineering and when all is said and done there’s often better/easier/cheaper options to accomplish similar goals for off-roaders. As mentioned above on ifs applications it’s great because it keeps the shafts up out of danger while giving more ground clearance. The way most people use jeeps it’s not worth the headache.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Suspect

I’ve been seeing these on Instagram ads non stop as well. Ripping off the dynatrac font is lame as hell, there’s a million fonts to choose.

The more competition the better but personally the price difference is not big enough for me to consider them over a well established and tested company and if there were a huge price difference it’d worry it would be too good to be true [emoji23]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I just started seeing these ads on IG. Never given them much of a look until now but I see they do have some features that are uniquely their own including a drain bolt, being setup for high steer and even full hydro. Also, the lifetime warranty on shafts is worth noting too. Depending on how long it takes to get, I'd be willing to be people give them a hard look and in spite of the fact they're not made in the USA. As far as ripping things off goes, let's be fair and acknowledge that there's a reason why aftermarket axles are referred to things like a "44" or "60" and that's because another company that's been around a lot longer made them first and came up with those number designations.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Last time I looked at them on the website, the prices were not all that competitive and they looked kind of crude in the photos. I’d be interested in seeing them in person.

Competition is always good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom