Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best half door and soft upper option?

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    I have 1/2 door envy so bad!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    x2 .......

Best half door and soft upper option?

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko13 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I saw a local guy selling a set of oem half doors in good shape besides a ding on the drivers side. I would have to paint them as well. What are they worth? Also would the factory auto locks still work from the key fobs?
    The half doors can have electric locks that work with the key fobs. Youíll need the associated wire harnesses for the doors. Ask the seller if the doors have power locks. If they donít you will need to buy the parts, which arenít cheap. You will also need to have the plugs on your Jeep, which you will have if your full doors had power locks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I threw mine on last week when the snow was just starting to melt. Trying to "will" some warmer weather. The RR doors are pretty decent for the price, but I am on the hunt for some OEM. I didn't do the velcro and they flap pretty bad on the freeway.

half.jpg
    Last edited by KevinG; 02-22-2021 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    I threw mine on last week when the snow was just starting to melt. Trying to "will" some warmer weather. The RR doors are pretty decent for the price, but I am on the hunt for some OEM. I didn't do the velcro and they flap pretty bad on the freeway.

half.jpg
    Those are looking pretty good Kevin.

I have the Bestop Coredoors, I like them. Got them on sale and spent less than $2k for the front and rear. If you want black diamond uppers you have to order the mopar oem uppers, cost about $800. I sold my full doors for $1k.

The front doors are angled wonky, which causes the uppers to seal right. I just got off the phone with Bestop and they are sending out new ones. Overall, I like them better than other half door options, besides the mopar half doors of course.

IMG_2538.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JK_0311 View Post
    I have the Bestop Coredoors, I like them. Got them on sale and spent less than $2k for the front and rear. If you want black diamond uppers you have to order the mopar oem uppers, cost about $800. I sold my full doors for $1k.

The front doors are angled wonky, which causes the uppers to seal right. I just got off the phone with Bestop and they are sending out new ones. Overall, I like them better than other half door options, besides the mopar half doors of course.

IMG_2538.jpg

Is there a gap between the doors and the middle plate? Does it fill up with crud? Leak water?

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Is there a gap between the doors and the middle plate? Does it fill up with crud? Leak water?

I donít see a gap or light coming through. I havenít seen it fill up with crud or water but I also havenít done any serious water crossings with them.

Iím not home so canít snap a picture. The middle plate has a weather stripping around it.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Those are looking pretty good Kevin.
    Thanks Jerry!

Does anyone have the full listing of the parts with numbers needed to build the OEM half doors complete for a JKU?

As in doors, inner panels, uppers, the wiring harness and whatever is needed for the power locks to work (if that is even a thing?). Thing is, I don't know if that is still missing stuff like bolts / screws / hinges / handles / etc. and I figured someone on here has probably worked up the full list before.

Thanks!
    Last edited by treys1; 02-25-2021 at 06:29 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123