Clutch help

no1important

do i need to do a clutch on my 08 jk. the TOB is kinda worked and sounds like it was packed by a little kid in a sand box. just sounds like grit and damage. if i press the clutch all the way to the floor it sounds like gritty spun bearings turning and a rhythmic sounds of what i can only expect is my clutch not fully depressed and rubbing something you can clearly hear the circling of something it sounds more towards the front of the trans in the bell housing and it only gets really bad when the clutch is fully depressed. is this my clutch and TOB and if so what do you guys recommend for replacements. i have heard centerforce , spec, LUK, and then OEM. i want this to be truely fixed because i havent dont a clutch yet and if i have to learn to do this one i dont wunna have to do it for a while after i get this one done

Please write back ASAP have to gather info and materials for a upcoming project to get this done.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
More than likely, you just need to replace your throwout bearing. Of course, depending on how many miles you've got on your Jeep, you may want to address your clutch at the same time. Granted, I was able to get over 100,000 miles off of my clutch.

no1important

im at 78,xxx and bought it and ticket 60,xxx on my test drive so who knows what kind of no-sense what done with it before but is it a hard job i heard if you take your time get a write up and mark everything then its not that horrible of a job.

Top Bottom