Thread: New Wrangler reveal in 2014?

New Wrangler reveal in 2014?

Saw this article the other day. Anyone else hear anything?

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2013/5/3...r-2014-7714110

The extra power 3.6 and CVT are interesting, especially the CVT. Recently drove a 4WD Razr w/CVT off road. I was surprised how it handled difficult terrain. Hmmm...
    My other Jeep....Is a Jeep

If it were true, I think I would have heard about it by now. While I'm sure there will be some cosmetic changes to the interior or even exterior, the JK as a whole shouldn't see a significant change until 2016. And, depending on who you talk to at Chrysler, maybe even longer.

That's kind of what I was thinking. That source cited might just be trying to get some press. Or they got it confused with another model.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    If it were true, I think I would have heard about it by now. While I'm sure there will be some cosmetic changes to the interior or even exterior, the JK as a whole shouldn't see a significant change until 2016. And, depending on who you talk to at Chrysler, maybe even longer.
    Hope you're correct. I'd hate to see my 2012 achieve Legacy status after two years. The CVT tranny is intriguing though.
    My other Jeep....Is a Jeep

If their Wrangler sales keep going up, they probably wouldnt have much motivation to change anything before 2016. Don't most manufacturers change models to keep the model's sales from stagnating?

Been Around the Block Millerj87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spinuck View Post
    If their Wrangler sales keep going up, they probably wouldnt have much motivation to change anything before 2016. Don't most manufacturers change models to keep the model's sales from stagnating?
    I'm pretty sure your right they go by the " if it's not broke dont fix it" concept