2014 Jeep JK Wrangler to See Minor Changes

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the new 2014 JK is only going to be seeing some minor changes including a trip computer upgrade available with the Connectivity Group that will give readings on speed, oil pressure, coolant and transmission fluid temps. About damn time!! Also, for those of you who've been wanting Anvil to be available, it is confirmed, it will be! And, for those of you who really like colors like Commando, better get it soon because it will be on the cutting block.

2014 Wrangler to see Minor Changes
Jeep-Wrangler-ALG-award.jpg

The iconic Jeep Wrangler, which has been selling in ever-larger numbers as it moves away from the diminutive Willys Jeeps, is getting minor upgrades for the 2014 model year, including new colors. All models will get new floor mat retention systems and clear (rather than amber) park/turn lamps on the grille.

A Warn trail kit (Warn is a company, not a noun for “speak of future danger”) will become optional late in the model year on all Wranglers. An upgrade trip computer with readouts for speed, oil pressure, and coolant and transmission fluid temperature will be provided when buyers get the Connectivity Group. It also provides individual tire pressure readings.

A Mitsubishi-sourced UConnect 430 stereo, code RBZ, will be optional on Sport for just under $700; it has a 6.5 inch touch screen and 28 MB of hard drive storage. Sport buyers can also opt for 32 inch tires with black wheels. Rubicon X and Freedom Edition return.

New colors include Anvil, Granite Crystal, Copperhead, and Amp’d, while Flame Red and Dune, launched late in 2013, will return. True Blue, Rugged Brown, Rock Lobster, Command, and Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl are all being dropped.

You can see this article here: http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2013/06/2014-wrangler-getting-minor-upgrades

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Running an auto trans in the desert makes the tranny oil temp readout a worthwhile improvement. At 1/2mph it gets damn hot down under, cooler or not. Gonna drive my 2012 for quite a while longer though.:yup:
You can tell I'm old - What the heck is Anvil??:thinking:

SoCalDozer

Looks like the new 2014 JK is only going to be seeing some minor changes including a trip computer upgrade available with the Connectivity Group that will give readings on speed, oil pressure, coolant and transmission fluid temps. About damn time!! Also, for those of you who've been wanting Anvil to be available, it is confirmed, it will be! And, for those of you who really like colors like Commando, better get it soon because it will be on the cutting block.
one mis type in the article, its a 28gb not a 28mb on the RBZ unit. same one that i put in mine.

Nice! But I have to wait for the truck in 2016. :D

Same! I am really digging the AEV brute but dont wanna pay 60g's. hopefully the wrangler truck is a bit more affordable.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I wonder what the optional tire and black wheels for the sport would be. The wheels off the moab edition with the rubicon rubber would be a nice option.

Lane87

I'd like to think it will be a stripped down model with no power options starting at $32k.... But the odds are it will be a high end model starting at +$40k.

That would be awesome. 44 front and rear and the rubicon buttons but nothing else.. That would be a great idea.

Top Bottom