Jeep pulling left, any input as to why?

tlminh

Purchased JKU Sport in July 2012
Jeep has 2.5 inch TF spring lift with Fox Shocks
35x12.5s x17
Artec front truss kit, LCAs, upper and lower C-gussets

Took her off roading in Jan 2013 - upon return, noticed pull to the left. recentered the steering wheel but still noticed a slight pull

May 2013 - Went rock crawling and my tie rod/SS got bent. On the trail, I had to remove the SS. On my way back, death wobble/shimmy occurred so I pulled over, salvaged the SS and reinstalled it. DW went away. ALSO, my pull was completely resolved after my tie rod bent (LOL)

June 2013 - replaced tie rod with synergy. Adjusted toe in to 1/8 inch (fyi bent tie rod led to almost 2 inches of toe in). Replaced SS with fox 2.0 IPF

Well, the pulling has come back. I took the SS off and it made no difference. No other suspension mods. Tires inflated to 28PSI and were rotated with no change

Thoughts?

MTG

Caught the Bug
1) SS will not solve death wobble.
2) What brand tire do you run? Some tires pull slightly to the left or the right.

tlminh

Correct, i think the DW was from bent tie rod/2inches of toe in
I am running Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs

MTG

Caught the Bug
Correct, i think the DW was from bent tie rod/2inches of toe in
I am running Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs

My Nittos pull to the left, I think Toyos pull to the right. Maybe someone that's ran the MTs will chime in?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, an SS will not fix DW and, depending on what tires you run, your pull could just be from your tire tread - often times referred to as "radial pull".

tlminh

As mentioned, an SS will not fix DW and, depending on what tires you run, your pull could just be from your tire tread - often times referred to as "radial pull".

The pull started after a weenkend of wheeling though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
My Nittos pull to the left, I think Toyos pull to the right. Maybe someone that's ran the MTs will chime in?

so if I get Nittos on one side and Toyos on the other it'll track straight no hands driving? :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The pull started after a weenkend of wheeling though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

If it's after wheeling, I would check your control arms and mounts as something may be bent. Or, if you don't have gussets, you could have bent an axle C and that would cause pulling too.

Webe

Pull

Radial pull can be easily fixed by crossing the tires or by fliping the tires on the wheels. I'd also look at the caster.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Radial pull can be easily fixed by crossing the tires or by fliping the tires on the wheels.

Not always something you want to do if you have white walls on one side or, in the case of Trail Grapplers, a different shoulder lug design.

jhires

Mine pulls to the right, but only on sunny days on the way to work. As soon as I turn it toward the Cascades, it straightens out. :D

Rob

My trail graps pull left. Curious, would turning them on the wheels make them pull right? Anyways comforting/disturbing to know Im not alone in this.

Top Bottom